Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

50 minutes ago, CoachLB said:

I went sleet to freezing drizzle. Looks like a dry slot coming in on radar.

Back to -SN here.  One of the caveats in KIWX afternoon discussion was misalignment of DGZ and Omega, seems to be coming to fruition.  Sitting at 3 here.  Gonna be selective banding and backside potential to keep me from busting.  Sitting on 2 pair mother nature holding 3 of a kind, waiting on the river :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, WeatherMonger said:

You got the better ratios :lol:

Might be up to 3" here, but still not below freezing

Screenshot_20200212-202554_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ecfa160c79129d4effbd30e487eb6db1.jpg

How much snow you got now?

8 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Half dollar sized flakes with this latest enhanced band.  Very impressive.  A little over 2" now.  The trees really caked up now with lots of snow.

Damn you got about as much as here! 

22 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah we've gotten lucky with two real nice enhanced bands.  Those both added up quickly.  Snow pack is really lumpy looking from all the large flakes.

You guys do have some nice paralleling enhanced bands. Had one of those earlier that puked some nice flakes. Outside that been mostly pixie dust 

2.3” in Dekalb, looks like some nice banding is setting up to the south and west that should move in in the next hour or so. Definitely my favorite event of the season thus far, calm winds and large dendrites are making for a beautiful scene, not to mention we’ve already seen as much as I thought we were gonna get total. 

It’s like a different storm here in the Detroit area compared to what some people are seeing. Only have seen 0.3” so far, and most concrete surfaces are just wet. Radar is trying to fill in out west, but man this has been brutal here. Arctic front will probably be the most interesting part of the event. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I think I'm going to end up with around an inch, which is what I expected.  The temp is quickly falling now... currently 23º.  It is going to be rather brutal in the morning when I'm out shoveling (temp near 0º with -20º wind chill).  The 2013-14 season had a lot of morning-after cleanups like that.

Yeah I went out a little while ago and removed most of the snow.  Figured I'd get it off now before it freezes up some, as there is a decent amount of water in it.  Very peaceful out there with the snow gently raining down, with zero wind.  Very quiet out as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah I went out a little while ago and removed most of the snow.  Figured I'd get it off now before it freezes up some, as there is a decent amount of water in it.  Very peaceful out there with the snow gently raining down, with zero wind.  Very quiet out as well.

I considered going out to clean off the wet stuff, because I know it's a real PITA to clean once it freezes.  However, I don't feel like going out this late.  Plus, I did not notice any real slushy layer, so it may be ok.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I think I'm going to end up with around an inch, which is what I expected.  The temp is quickly falling now... currently 23º.  It is going to be rather brutal in the morning when I'm out shoveling (temp near 0º with -20º wind chill).  The 2013-14 season had a lot of morning-after cleanups like that.

Shoveling an inch??  Bwahaha!!  :lol: