Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

21 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Yeah you're super lucky being close to that rain snow line. I'm jealous. Snow flake size here is pretty meh

Haven't gotten into better banding/big flakes here either.  Just small flakes raining down.  Snow is sticking better on the paved surfaces now though. 

9 minutes ago, Snownado said:

Its back to mostly snow now.

Haven't seen any pingers (fingers crossed).  Good inch already, nickle sized Rockwell flakes.  Everything's covered, including the dogs and more importantly the mud!  I do live in the country so it doesn't take much for the roads.  Sticking to my fantasy call lol.

• Like 2

I'm sitting here in NW Ohio looking at one of the best storm wide radars i've seen in a long time.  It's hard for me to believe we are gonna get 2" out of this.  The thing would have to littereally fall to pieces like now.  Any thoughts on this??  Is there more phasing going on?

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Yeah you're super lucky being close to that rain snow line. I'm jealous. Snow flake size here is pretty meh

Don't be too jealous, doubt our results are much different. Definitely not hitting the 2-3" by 5pm ILX had called for, be lucky to get 3" total. That much may have fallem, but that much definitely didn't accumulate.

I'd say 1-1/2" right bow onnthe grassy surfaces. Ground is covered for the most part, hovering around the freezing mark.

26 minutes ago, Snownado said:

Indy airport has changed from rain to snow.

Definitely IMC conditions.  Its Slicker Than a Witches Tit on the secondary roads (dont ask me something my grandpa always said).  1/4 mile visibility, flakes shrunk some but still SN/+SN.  Estimate over 2 with compaction.

I had a feeling that warm nose would underperform knock on wood.  This is our last hurrah for the month in central IN, enjoy!

• Like 2