Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Parents lived on Sullivans Island since 84, I lived in Mt. Pleasant for 12 years, left in 2012. Like anywhere else it's changed a lot but it's still a great area to live.  Got 5 inches of snow down there in like '08, biggest snow in a century or something.  Brought the entire area to a standstill literally for 2 days lol.  I go down there at least once a year,.  Get used to this winter we've been having because this is low country winter minus the snow lol.  

I'm not the biggest winter guy anyways, I like forecasting snow but severe weather has always been what I lean towards. I'd be in Summerville/Ladson thought as the place is north of the area on 26

• Like 1

Seldom does KIND go bullish.  Upped their call for here early this morning to 3-5 to be more inline with IWX 4-7 (their graphic is still messed up).  Also mentioned potential overperformer in their AFD while IWX had a few caveats for under performer in theirs.  I've said it before but I swear these two offices  have running bets on their borders lol. 

Dealing with some dry air here no precip yet but we're running 3-4 degrees below forecast.  Snow reported to my north.  I'm sticking with my :weenie: dog call

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, fluoronium said:

Started as snow here! Most guidance had at least a couple hours of rain before switching over so this is a good sign. Wind still coming from the south. 

Screenshot_20200212-131204_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.3d23379c6da152fa76f983ea4f793a7f.jpg

not even a single report of rain nearby!! Awesome!

Is the area of green not representative of rain ?

1 minute ago, fluoronium said:

Lincoln, IL is reporting 33F and heavy rain as of 15 minutes ago so maybe that's why radarscope P-type is showing rain, but most mPING reports in the green are snow. 

Local roads are already snow covered and visibility is around 1/2 mile here. 

AAA (Lincoln) often has sensor p-type issues. It's definitely all snow there though.

A lot of these radar apps/sites have different p-type algorithms, and that one is obviously off there.

23 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Didn't take long to moisten up there.  Radar returns don't look that good yet.

Yeah, quickly has gone to light-moderate snow. I guess let the game begin. :D

And I’m gonna take you or Butch for the top amount amongst us all. Good luck, and enjoy! 

• Like 1