Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 12-13 Snowstorm

Snowstorms

21 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Yes South Carolina and for work

Parents lived on Sullivans Island since 84, I lived in Mt. Pleasant for 12 years, left in 2012. Like anywhere else it's changed a lot but it's still a great area to live.  Got 5 inches of snow down there in like '08, biggest snow in a century or something.  Brought the entire area to a standstill literally for 2 days lol.  I go down there at least once a year,.  Get used to this winter we've been having because this is low country winter minus the snow lol.  

2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Parents lived on Sullivans Island since 84, I lived in Mt. Pleasant for 12 years, left in 2012. Like anywhere else it's changed a lot but it's still a great area to live.  Got 5 inches of snow down there in like '08, biggest snow in a century or something.  Brought the entire area to a standstill literally for 2 days lol.  I go down there at least once a year,.  Get used to this winter we've been having because this is low country winter minus the snow lol.  

Maybe it's none of my business but why on earth would you move from beautiful Charleston, SC to the boring, flat cornfields of Central Indiana?

• Haha 1

Can we get a motion to ban 10:1 maps? 

Rarely is the case where ratios are 10:1 an entire event and take northern Illinois for example....climo ratios hover around 12-13:1 anyways. 

Kuchera can be overdone at times but will do a much better job with changing ratios throughout an event based on the temperature profile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Baum said:

it seems the immediate Chicago metro is working itself back to the 3-4" totals that looked reasonable before yesterday's 12Z runs. Shame, would have been a nice storm if a phase had occurred.

looking at the radar the precip shield is looking to overtake all of Chicagoland this afternoon / evening.  or, is it going to take a dramatic turn East?

6 minutes ago, iBrian said:

looking at the radar the precip shield is looking to overtake all of Chicagoland this afternoon / evening.  or, is it going to take a dramatic turn East?

I'm the wrong guy to ask regarding this. I'm guessing some of the other Chicago area posters can weigh in on your behalf....I will say if your in lake county forecast is for mid -late evening start....

edit: Cook and Dupage now in WWA. 

4-5" still looking like a reasonable bet here.  LOT went 4-7" for Lake/Porter but I don't think the lake effect will hang on long enough in my part of the county to get to the higher part of the range.  Would probably need the synoptic part to overperform to have a shot at the higher end.

• Like 2