Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/8/2020 Snow Event

mackerel_sky

11 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

And that's 4-5 inches when 12 hours ago my forecast was for 0 inches and mostly rain. So, well done GSP, really prepared the public well for this one. I'd understand if the guidance was split yesterday. But by the 12z suite at the latest and probably even earlier, the models were absolutely locked in on what was going to happen here over North GA. I truly don't get how they missed it that bad at just a 12 hour lead time. 

I'm surprised gsp got caught with their pants down to this degree...since as you said the models were all in good agreement for that area for a while. 

9 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

About the time Pickens and Oconee counties were at 2 inches on the ground they issued a WWA... these counties wound up with 3-5 inches and no upgrade to a WSW.  

I don't believe NWS GSP predicts the weather anymore. They just issue advisories and warnings as the criteria is met, and half the time they don't even do that!

Did  a bunch of folks from ffc move there or something recently? 

But all kidding aside, aside from thinking athens should have been in the advisory sooner, i think ffc did a pretty good job  overall.They did better than gsp it would seem. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

But all kidding aside, aside from thinking athens should have been in the advisory sooner, i think ffc did a pretty good job  overall.They did better than gsp it would seem. 

They did great in my book. I just used the advisories for Towns and White counties to judge what mine should have been while GSP was asleep at the wheel. 

Congrats SC and GA people! This turned into a major event for some areas! Way to hit climo in a season when that seemed impossible. Enjoyed the excitement through yall today! Love it when it snows in my old stomping grounds at Clemson, only happened a handful of times when I was a student there but they were always memorable! N Ga definitely made lemonade out of lemons! 6 in in a 6 hour snowfall...

• Like 1