Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/8/2020 Snow Event

mackerel_sky

13 minutes ago, NEGa said:

That is great!  Hopefully y’all get into the action too

thanks...finally coming down good now. Been a while since i saw a good snow rate during the day here.

Friend in gainesville looks like she has close to 3 inches on her back deck as of a few minutes ago...she might  push 5?

(South Forsyth county, just south of Stony Point airfield)

There's about 2" now on top of the deck railings, furniture and tree limbs.  The lawn is starting to become smooth-white instead of patchy-white bumps where it stuck to the grass and melted on the ground.   Still coming down, although not as intensely as an hour ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lookout said:

thanks...finally coming down good now. Been a while since i saw a good snow rate during the day here.

Friend in gainesville looks like she has close to 3 inches on her back deck as of a few minutes ago...she might  push 5?

Hopefully your temp drops enough so it starts sticking! This one really blew up on in a day or so lol

3 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Hopefully your temp drops enough so it starts sticking! This one really blew up on in a day or so lol

Yep, its' amazing how our best snows or some of them usually pop up with only a day or two notice. also,  this is all despite less than ideal indexes that everyone constantly obsesses over too.  

It's ripping it right now... already a dusting. i can see why it quickly piled up to the north. Wish it started sooner but at least it's pouring.