Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/8/2020 Snow Event

mackerel_sky

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Where’s @LOOKOUT? Should be snowing there!?

lol it is above me...just virga right now. I'm guessing within 30 minutes it should be doing something. 

Snowing and 30 degrees now at gainesville..nice to see those subfreezing temps materialize as expected there. 

given how  cold 925 to 975mb temps have been forecasted and the radar looks excellent, it's a bit surprising gsp hasn't been more bullish for the upstate. . 950mb temps as cold as -2c at gsp and freezing levels just off the surface. That should be more than cold enough to allow for some accumulation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lookout said:

lol it is above me...just virga right now. I'm guessing within 30 minutes it should be doing something. 

Snowing and 30 degrees now at gainesville..nice to see those subfreezing temps materialize as expected there. 

given how  cold 925 to 975mb temps have been forecasted and the radar looks excellent, it's a bit surprising gsp hasn't been more bullish for the upstate. . 950mb temps as cold as -2c at gsp and freezing levels just off the surface. That should be more than cold enough to allow for some accumulation. 

I agree. I know the models predicted a quick warmup but with those cold 925's, earlier arrival of precip, and colder than forecast lows this morning, I would be shocked if the Clemson-Greenville area didn't get some accumulation. This storm would have to completely dry out and it looks to be coming in with a good slug of moisture atm

• Like 1

34/28 here. No flurries yet. Based off the temp drops with the moderate snow around cornelia. I believe I will settle down to 31.5 or so when heavier precip sets in. All the models are around .15-.20 of liquid here. I'm starting to feel good about getting an inch on grassy surfaces imby.

• Like 2

I bet it's a good feeling in the areas where the snow is falling. No more model watching. No more 10+ day storms. No more snow depression. From the outside looking in- enjoy whatever falls it's a miracle you were able to score in this pattern! This storm had about a 12 hour window in this cold air after the big system yesterday and for once the pieces came together nicely for you guys!

• Thanks 1

Just looking at observations.

Gainesville was reporting Heavy Snow & Freezing Fog 30/29 the temp dropped 2 degrees since last report. DP rose only 1 degree.

Great reports down stream.

Burrel are u in Pickens?

Any thoughts from Burrel or Lookout on Grenville County?

Tia

1 minute ago, Billypg70 said:

Just looking at observations.

Gainesville was reporting Heavy Snow & Freezing Fog 30/29 the temp dropped 2 degrees since last report. DP rose only 1 degree.

Great reports down stream.

Burrel are u in Pickens?

Any thoughts from Burrel or Lookout on Grenville County?

Tia

Yea, between clemson and central.  I think greenville will get a coating to an inch. Precip really falls apart on all the modeling as you head to Spartanburg though.