Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/8/2020 Snow Event

mackerel_sky

21 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Sooo wow what happened over night lol woke up to a winter storm warning, which I had not expected. Low clouds here and cold. This could be a fun day 

I'm surprised gsp took so long honestly. Every indication has been there for a while for decent snow up your way.

Meanwhile been on pins and needles here. Have been torn on whether to drive north all night/day.  It should snow here but the persistence  of the models showing the transition zone one county north has been annoying...even though soundings would seem to indicated snow. Likewise i've been consistently on the border of the heavier amounts. Frustratingly saw sun, as expected this morning..indeed it seems my location has seen the only real breaks in cloud cover since sunrise :axe: .. but i have finally clouded over for good and  temps only 34 currently after a cold 26 for a low. (8 degrees colder than the 0z nam and 6 colder than the hrrr)  with a finger of precip starting to move/develop toward athens here. If it holds i should be into the heavier precip but just barely. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

29/22. Been snowing steady for about 30 minutes or so now. Hoping to see it wet bulb down a degree or so. Temps been rising pretty steadily all morning. 

Up to 27 here. Temps will level off and stay below freezing. 850 temps are well below freezing.  

• Like 1

It's finally switched over to big fat flakes, and lots of them, about 15 minutes ago.  The elevated deck is *almost* white covered ... another 5 minutes, perhaps?  We'd been getting tease with little flurries of white specks off an on for an hour+ until it finally committed.  This is South Forsyth county a bit south of Stony Point Airfield ...

All Hail King NAM with this system! Like eyewall said, this storm isn't going to help us Raleigh peeps, but I am certainly living vicariously through you N Ga and upstate folks today. Traffic cams in NW Ga look like a solid snow event incoming. Man it's nice to see a mood change around this board, even if it doesn't help my neck of the woods

• Like 3