Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 6 Severe Threat

DanLarsen34

8 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

That’s what I was thinking. It may be the worst severe weather day for Charlotte since one of those mid 80s outbreaks. I am talking about Charlotte specifically. I could care less about outbreaks anywhere else in the state in this instance. 

Yeah easily the worst I can remember for the Charlotte metro area in a long while....if it don't calm down soon it will end up being a big day for the entire state.....we are getting a few breaks in the clouds down here in the east.

• Weenie 1

Just now, downeastnc said:

Yeah easily the worst I can remember for the Charlotte metro area in a long while....if it don't calm down soon it will end up being a big day for the entire state.....we are getting a few breaks in the clouds down here in the east.

Today has produced more tornadoes based on OTG calls by the NWS and now some ground confirmation reports coming out than some of our more well-advertised spring systems of late. And it's only a little past noon.

• Weenie 1

Possible tornado near Hillsborough, west of Durham

* Tornado Warning for...
  Southern Person County in central North Carolina...
  Northern Orange County in central North Carolina...
  Northwestern Durham County in central North Carolina...

* Until 115 PM EST.

* At 1251 PM EST, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a
  tornado was located near Hillsborough, moving east at 65 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

9 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I know mby has had close to 4” of rain so far and if any of those winds mix down to the surface, it won’t be pretty :yikes: 

New warning to the south of me. Hoping its shifted enough that I'm out of the highest severe threat..but not the rain. I  only had 1.6 inches when I posted that...now have 3.35.  The amount of water in the pasture here is as high as ive ever seen it...glad I'm not in a low spot. 

Only a few modest gusts so far wind wise

1 hour ago, BullCityWx said:

Can you remember a day like this, ever?  It might be the worst severe weather day I can remember since the late 80s for Charlotte.

I’ve lived here for around 13 years now. No, never seen a day like this here.

now, when I lived in Mississippi, days like this were literally a dime a dozen.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, QC_Halo said:

I’ve lived here for around 13 years now. No, never seen a day like this here.

now, when I lived in Mississippi, days like this were literally a dime a dozen.

Yeah, my wife who is from NW Alabama, says this reminds her very much of home. She wasnt sure why the schools were in session today. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BullCityWx said:

Yeah, my wife who is from NW Alabama, says this reminds her very much of home. She wasnt sure why the schools were in session today. 

I'm originally from Birmingham and this weather is quite common for Central Alabama 

9 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Thankful that the severe threat stayed south of my area , Temps still in the 40s here , it's a rough day in North Carolina though..

We have been right on the edge of the front all day.  We were about 60 degrees in Winston until 4am or so, then dropped to mid 40's in less than 2 hours.  Climbed just slightly up to around 49-50 degrees just in the last hour.  Amazing how the most severe cells came right up just to our south, less than 10 miles, then pushed east.  Forsyth County was actually tornado warned earlier but the radar indicated rotation was JUST south in Davie County.  Closest lighting strike though was less than 2 miles, lots of thunder today.  Dangerous day but extremely interesting to learn from as a novice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Lost connection to my home camera in North Hills. Assuming power's out. In Garner we missed most of the wind but it's pouring.

I am off of exit 289 and had about 2-3 min of heavy rain and hail and then completely stopped. Lost power momentarily and went back to a mist. Very weird how I had hardly anything with how impressive that line looked

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Eastern Nash County in central North Carolina...
  Edgecombe County in central North Carolina...
  Halifax County in central North Carolina...
  Wilson County in central North Carolina...

* Until 345 PM EST.

* At 247 PM EST, severe thunderstorms were located along a line
  extending from 6 miles west of Roanoke Rapids to 6 miles west of
  Halifax to 9 miles northeast of Dortches to 7 miles southwest of
  Nashville, moving northeast at 100 mph.

2 hours ago, BullCityWx said:

I can’t ever remember them cancelling school in my day, but there were days where we basically spent the entire day in the hall. I remember once in 8th grade or so, they sent us to the halls and I got a glimpse out of door, and evil cloud looked to be about 200 ft off the ground, rolling over the football field. Not a twister, but was trying mightily to become one.

I did have my mom pick me up from elementary school once in the middle of the day when we lived in Tupelo, cause it was warning after warning. 
Also in Tupelo spent many nights in the most primitive leaky, dark, spider infested storm shelter, until the the neighbors across the street built a nice, fancy one under ground.