• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

Just did my daily measurement at 815a after getting work stuff going (from home).

3.0" snow and a total of 0.75" liquid melted. So I'm guessing we had about 0.4" of rain/ZR.  There was lot of slush underneath the snow on my deck. The rain gauge was encased in ice also from early this a.m.

Someone wanted a photo. Here you go...

20200207_083614.jpg

• Like 2

Easily over 4 inches already since it started a couple hours ago!

Cleared up the driveway, cleaned off the car, and went for a mattywalk...love snowfalls like this because it is so quiet. Everybody hides inside and it's like I have this whole beautiful Narnia all to myself.

The car was encased in solid ice under the snow. Took 15 minutes to break through and get it cleared off!

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Just did my daily measurement at 815a after getting work stuff going (from home).

3.0" snow and a total of 0.75" liquid melted. So I'm guessing we had about 0.4" of rain/ZR.  There was lot of slush underneath the snow on my deck. The rain gauge was encased in ice also from early this a.m.

Someone wanted a photo. Here you go...

20200207_083614.jpg

Wow be careful of that wolf! Must have came from Alaska for the Snow!

At 835 AM EST, an area of very heavy snow was located along a
corridor from Elmira to Ithaca, to Cortland, Syracuse and Rome New
York. This area of very heavy snow will drift slowly off to the
southeast over the next few hours.

Locations impacted include...
Onondaga, Syracuse, Chemung, Utica, Clay, Cicero, Ithaca, Elmira,
Auburn and De Witt.

Visibilities will drop quickly to less than a quarter of a mile in
this area of heavy snow. Snowfall rates up to 3 inches per hour have
been reported.
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

My friend in Marathon northwest of Utica next to Cortland just to the southwest  just got 4 inches in last hour!!

That's amazing, definitely the highest snowfall rates I've seen in a synoptic storm in years. I don't even remember one that matches those rates. VERY rare in Upstate. Take it all in fellas and ladies! :mapsnow:

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nah, the wolves in Alaska are all encased in ice after the state decided to hog the Polar Vortex.

He loves cold and snow.  80 degree days not so much. Here he is noshing on a squirrel kill. As if I don't feed him enough. #chowhound.

20200207_084638.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Steady snow here. I'd guess 0.75-1.0 in/hr rate. Nothing excessive attm. I may end up just NW of the real banding.

I had a feeling that might happen, and admit it's a bit painful knowing that we are just missing it.

However, challenging myself to be content with what we do get. When I compare to others, I just get jealous instead of being thankful for what I do have.

Soooo, here's to our friend in Oneida area...I think we have a poster from there?