Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

925mb_sf.gif?1581072327400

850mb_sf.gif?1581072346457

700mb_sf.gif?1581072383150

Look at the H500 energy thats about to get injected into this developing Monster, absolutely sinister!  I think this system may just have all the ingredients of of bomogenesis!  I haven't checked pressure falls but I'd imagine their low all across the North East!

500mb_sf.gif?1581072435228

SLP of 984 and dropping rapidly in CWV moving right over the sweet spot for W-CNY and points NE from there!

Keep looking at models like their really gonna help, lol, if you don't know whats going to occur by now, scientifically, just stick ur head out the window for the next 18hrs,  lol and enjoy!  Theres just too much information out there these days. Is it good for the public, but definitely not good for us weenies cause there's way too much info!  Those were the days when the NGM  and the AVN were run twice a day and we were lucky if the ballons were all released and all the data got ingested properly, lol. 

Whatever was forecasted thats what you went by cause thats all you knew besides the 6PM news segment we all waited impatiently for, as we watched out favorite Weather Man.  Channel 9 way back in the day, in Jersey, we had, man I always forget his name, but he'd start off with a town and say Helllllllllooooooooooo and then say the town and then talk about that particular spot, he was Nuts but was good! Storm Field was my favorite from down NYC but my all time fav has to be Dave Eichorn when I first moved here as he also taught up at Oswego State as well.  OSU took a few classes with him I'm pretty sure but he was the ultimate best on air and didn't even carry a BS in Meteorology, lol go figure!

I woke up around 6:30 half expecting it to still be raining.  I checked obs on my iPad and saw that from Syracuse west it had flipped over to snow but thought there would be a dusting at this point.  I was really surprised when I came downstairs to see we had already gotten a couple inches. I just did the 7 AM measurement and I’ve received 2.5 inches already.  Snowing pretty heavily right now and it’s only in the first quarter of this storm!

• Like 2

From BGM:

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... 655 AM Update... Things really coming together early this morning, with snow line

already reaching Syracuse-Cortland-Ithaca-Corning and edging eastward, and the surface low bombing/cloud tops cooling.

Tweaks made to forecast to account for more incoming guidance, continues the trend of being more robust with this system.

Confidence is even higher now, for a few locations in the heaviest axis to exceed a foot of snow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying MXZ said:

41 dry degrees in Delaware County at 1800'.  Enjoy the storm to our north and west!  

There are going to be big gradients in snowfall across Otsego and Delaware Counties.

I'm in north-central Otsego.  We sat at 32F all night.  Just a fraction above so the cars were wet but the ground is a glacier.

The last couple of ticks SE have made our outlook much brighter.

8 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

From BGM:

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... 655 AM Update... Things really coming together early this morning, with snow line

already reaching Syracuse-Cortland-Ithaca-Corning and edging eastward, and the surface low bombing/cloud tops cooling.

Tweaks made to forecast to account for more incoming guidance, continues the trend of being more robust with this system.

Confidence is even higher now, for a few locations in the heaviest axis to exceed a foot of snow.

Told y’all to not worry. Just let this thing play out. This is going to surprise many. It’s absolutely ripping out from these dark green returns. I can’t imagine what the yellow ones will look like. Only time I experienced extremely heavy snow was January 26,2016 when I got 26 inches living in Brooklyn. Synoptic

4 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Told y’all to not worry. Just let this thing play out. This is going to surprise many. It’s absolutely ripping out from these dark green returns. I can’t imagine what the yellow ones will look like. Only time I experienced extremely heavy snow was January 26,2016 when I got 26 inches living in Brooklyn. Synoptic

Nice.

I experienced a ton of huge storms living along the coast, with 1996 Always#1 in my heart lol

What part of BK u lived in? The entire family is from Brooklyn, I worked near Coney island for 6 years..

7 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

The yellow ones will look like sleet.

Just kidding. :)

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Nice.

I experienced a ton of huge storms living along the coast, with 1996 Always#1 in my heart lol

What part of BK u lived in? The entire family is from Brooklyn, I worked near Coney island for 6 years..

Grew up in Monmouth County NJ and that will always be #1!  Was there for Boxing Day Blizzard too. Also lived in Philly for the the back to back blizzards in 2010 and was in NW NJ and got 30” in January 2016. 

typing that made me feel pretty lucky!

Just now, 96blizz said:

Grew up in Monmouth County NJ and that will always be #1!  Was there for Boxing Day Blizzard too. Also lived in Philly for the the back to back blizzards in 2010 and was in NW NJ and got 30” in January 2016. 

Where in Monmouth?

I grew up in Jackson NJ , not far from great adventure..

I actually moved here from freehold (home of Bruce Springsteen lol)..My in-laws still live out that way..

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Where in Monmouth?

I grew up in Jackson NJ , not far from great adventure..

I actually moved here from freehold (home of Bruce Springsteen lol)..My in-laws still live out that way..

Belford NJ and went to Middletown North. Parents still live there.

Played golf in HS and college and Metedeconk National in Jackson was my favorite NJ course!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Nice.

Bergen beach next to kings plaza mall. Quiet predominately Italian/Irish neighborhood. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Yes the January 2016 was amazing. I grew up in Brooklyn and lived there until 2015/ early 2016z Went back to visit just for that storm in fact since my girlfriend was still living there. 18 years there. Ever since I left BK. The winters there have went to $hit. Below or just average snowfall every year. Glad I moved to the North Country

• Like 1