• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

17 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It flipped from ZR to IP to SN within 20 minutes in Niagara Falls around 7:30.  Buffalo must be getting close.

Freezing Drizzle here at the moment.  Only saw a brief mix of sleet earlier but probably picked up 1/10” of ice this evening.  Not much in the way of new precip filling in south of the city so might be high and dry now here for a while.

7E62406B-CD0B-41F7-9C93-35B3BCE576EA.gif

8 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Light snow 21 degrees. Radar filling in nicely. Storms blowing up over TN! Going to be a great night. Enjoy everyone! My final storm prediction total for plattsburgh is another 15.5” inches by tomorrow night

Pauly looks to be in the sweet spot this time. Keep us informed and take some pics!

• Like 1

Definitely an interesting night. The Monroe county fire wire is blowing up with accidents and roll overs from the icy roads. Spencerport fire truck slid off the road then the truck that came to get it slid off too.  A couple places in Gates have power out but I’m not sure if it’s from ice laden branches falling on lines or cars sliding into poles.  I doubt it’s from tree branches as we really don’t have all that much ice, but it starting to build up. 

Also saw some schools in the finger lakes have closed and Greece school is apparently on the fence. 

I get the feeling this layer of ice under the snow will turn tomorrow morning into mayhem.  

10 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Pauly looks to be in the sweet spot this time. Keep us informed and take some pics!

I sure will! I think we both are in a great spot. Will keep everyone updated on snow rates and totals when I can. Will upload pics also. Are you in lake placid or whiteface? EDIT: switched over to moderate freezing rain as expected for a bit before the BL crashes

• Like 1

Looks like bombogenesis is set to occur with >=24mb drop between now and this time tomorrow... like 990 to 966 roughly. Likely going to be an intense meso band somewhere from southern tier to northeast NY. Any bets on thundersnow occurring somewhere within the band? Its a shame this thing is rocketing along else this could have rivaled the March 2017 blizzard.

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Did I really just watch a video of your dog taking a leak?

:P

He walked out and didn't know what to do after his first step, just kind of stood there looking around. Every step he took was a tip toe I don't think he likes ice like me, hes a huge snow lover though. Whenever we go for walks he always finds the biggest piles to jump in.

• Like 1