• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

Going to be kinda interesting. Theres an initial period of light to moderate snow overnight into early morning with the first wave/low, then it may even stop during the rush hour period then another period of light to moderate light friday morning into the afternoon as the last and most intense low passes by to the southeast. 

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Although if I was just looking at the current radar and surface maps I wouldn’t be too excited for WNY...

I wasn't to begin with, so I'm pleasantly surprised we should get an advisory snow without slushy mess.

30 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Going to be kinda interesting. Theres an initial period of light to moderate snow overnight into early morning with the first wave/low, then it may even stop during the rush hour period then another period of light to moderate light friday morning into the afternoon as the last and most intense low passes by to the southeast. 

And oddly the NWS buf says the worst period with 1/2" to 1 1/2" rates during rush hour tomorrow am...i always love when there are conflicting thoughts...

I wonder if local media meteorologists will up their forecast amounts based on the 12Z runs.  Right now most of them are calling for 4-8 inches after the changeover tomorrow morning.
I think an additional 4-8" on top of what we got last night, is a good forecast, IMO, so I guess we'll have to wait and see

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

HRRR and RGEM both showed this Nice light mesoscale banding that has been forming in Plattsburgh last several hours allowing no real break to really occur. Will measure once out of class. Prob close to 2 inches ATM Light snow
You'll be getting a long break as well cause there's nothing forming behind that small batch of precip, but you may get lucky.

13 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

You'll be getting a long break as well cause there's nothing forming behind that small batch of precip, but you may get lucky.

I have been having freezing drizzle nonstop since 5PM. The roads are awful. I agree about the lull but the atmosphere is so moist that the freezing drizzle doesn’t stop. I am expecting to get completely smoked tonight into tommorow to get 12-18! RGEM and HRDPS completely smokes my area with banding.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Good sign. Real curious to see where and if the death band shows up tomorrow morning. My bet is Syracuse East to Rome. Roc should get a LOT of help from the lake. BUF obviously agrees. 

Prohibited language alert!! Danger Will Robinson...Danger.

• Haha 2

Steady 31F here for the last 4 hours.

Intermittent rain and drizzle.

It's a skating rink out there.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm one county too far east for the best snow action tomorrow.

I just need the low track to head east by 50 miles!

Rooting for all you guys too of course.