• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Winter Storm 2/6-2/7 OBS

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Um, so at 18Z the GFS had the Low down in WV. Now, it has it in North-Central PA!

Then it goes to Harrisburg...and then I'm assuming the new low is in Southern Vermont?

lol

High quality tech?

0Z cut way back on snowfall on Friday over all of N.Y.  WTF. It has next to nothing over CNY.

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

0Z cut way back on snowfall on Friday over all of N.Y.  WTF. It has next to nothing over CNY.

The models are like catty school girls. One moment they're BFFs and agree on everything...then it's like they get pissed at each other and stomp off and do their own things. All. over. the. place.

BGM cut back on the snow totals a bit already for the watch. Went from 4 to 8 down to 4 to 7 with "heavy mixed precip" mentioned. Not a huge difference, but looks like they're going with the runs showing more mild/mixed precip. They seem to be playing it very conservative. Probably a smart move, even though the Big Snowstorm Me doesn't like this change.

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

BGM cut back on the snow totals a bit already for the watch. Went from 4 to 8 down to 4 to 7 with "heavy mixed precip" mentioned. Not a huge difference, but looks like they're going with the runs showing more mild/mixed precip. They seem to be playing it very conservative. Probably a smart move, even though the Big Snowstorm Me doesn't like this change.

That sounds pretty close to Channel 9’s forecast of 1-3 tonight and 4-8 on Friday.