• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TruthSeeker2020
    Newest Member
    TruthSeeker2020

February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol what happened to the first week of March starting off cold?  Not that a 200 plus hour OP run should be believed..but that Euro run doesn't look to cold a week from Wednesday. 

Pna going negative

AO still sucks

This winter is a disaster 

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s like the whole continent cold except E US. Just like the whole winter. #wepersist

It's been over for us since before the new year.  You've known it, but like many have hoped for the best.  But hope and prayers did not bring winter back.  It is seriously time to move on.  This will be better for your sanity, and in the long run be good for your relationship with your kids, and wife.  Maybe a new hobby is in order? Crank up some classic Kiss tunes, and start scrap booking with the family.  

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's a decent cold shot later this week through the weekend, but it's sianara pretty quickly.

Well I guess it's the first day of March, instead of the First week lol.  Sunday is March 1st, so I guess that's the end of any colder weather for the First week of March.  I'm way over it for SNE, but Heading up to far Northern Maine March 5th..hoping they can hold on to some cold way up there for the first week of March?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Winterless Winter Day at 50 degrees with average temps supposed to be at 32 this time of year.  Mother nature wants to clearly send us a message through this weather that she is not fooling or playing games with us.  One assumes a freezer is in our future and when it happens the complaints here will be about too much cold and no snow.  Wait, watch, and see coming next season to a winter near you.

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I guess it's the first day of March, instead of the First week lol.  Sunday is March 1st, so I guess that's the end of any colder weather for the First week of March.  I'm way over it for SNE, but Heading up to far Northern Maine March 5th..hoping they can hold on to some cold way up there for the first week of March?   

I'm heading to Rivere du loop march 6-8 for some sledding. Should be ok there.

if only someone had warned folks about a late Feb/March torch walking in the door back in January.  ;)

12z Euro ens are toasty D8-10. Do not have the longer range/weaklies

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

59F at 1100’ in Westminster 

55F at the house.   Torchalicious

2 years ago (a little more) I saw 80F on the MA spike in Boston. 

So in comparison, we're doing ok this winter

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

nne pack demolisher...vicious. possibly nothing left for some

Better to have loved and lost, or never loved at all?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not wasting time tracking nothing. Did that all of Jan and early Feb before I realized we done 

Why post in a weather discussion. You have said the same thing 25 different ways. We all get it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why post in a weather discussion. You have said the same thing 25 different ways. We all get it.

I anxiously await the next DIT “not tracking” and Ray “not blogging” posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Don't know about cold out that far, but Madawaska and New Sweden have high 20s pack and the woods probably a foot more.  Today likely took 1-2" off the depth but Thursday should add a bunch

Those leaves that hang on one species of the White Oak all winter are blowing down today. Earliest I’ve seen that. It’s typically around early-mid Napril. More signs from Mother N. Anyone else notice that you n SNE last 2-3 days?

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those leaves that hang on one species of the White Oak all winter are blowing down today. Earliest I’ve seen that. It’s typically around early-mid Napril. More signs from Mother N. Anyone else notice that you n SNE last 2-3 days?

Have not had a leaf on any  tree  since the ice storm 

45 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Don't know about cold out that far, but Madawaska and New Sweden have high 20s pack and the woods probably a foot more.  Today likely took 1-2" off the depth but Thursday should add a bunch

The snow should be fine...just hate sledding when temps in the 40’s.  30’s is fine though. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

I'm heading to Rivere du loop march 6-8 for some sledding. Should be ok there.

Ya we’ll both be sledding the same weekend.  I’m heading up the 5th, sled the 6th, 7th and 8th, head back home the 9th.  The two areas are not far apart..hope we both hit it right. 

52 minutes ago, dryslot said:

After this weekend, Let it torch, I need one of the next 4 weeks to be warm on a Mon-Tues.

lol..lava rock and I need one more weekend to stay cold in far N Maine and Quebec..then it can torch up there too...

Two days ago I snarked words to the affect that given the American teleconnector spread ( both agencies, too..), another one of these absurdly early runs at 80 F ( and that's happened three times in the last five years between Feb and Apr btw ) wouldn't shock me; and then I just saw the 12z Euro with a +12 C plume over Pa/upstate Ny heading this way... Three or perhaps four years ago, we made 85 F with 14 C in March .. which can exceed that adiabat purely be dry air expansion. 

The CDC version is even more demonstratively warmer all fields, every sector right out to the end of Week 2 -  

good luck winter enthusiasts...but, having just humored and bewildered over the content the last several pages, it seems those types are collapsing under pressure.  Good! save your psyches