Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

As Blue Hill Observatory's records represent the longest, most consistent temperature record in North America we welcome the use of our data to better inform meteorology and the community.

How long is their record?  (No time to look atm)  Longest I'd found elsewhere was NYC, back thru 1869 though snow depth wasn't consistently reported until 40-50 years later.

58 minutes ago, tamarack said:

How long is their record?  (No time to look atm)  Longest I'd found elsewhere was NYC, back thru 1869 though snow depth wasn't consistently reported until 40-50 years later.

Looks like it goes back to 1885:

http://bluehill.org/observatory/2020/02/announcing-blue-hill-observatorys-2020-summer-workshop-launch-your-weather-career-2/

Unfortunately this winter just does not want to produce a real snow storm(Warning Event) for SNE.   That's a tough feat to pull off all season....futility at it's best.  I think my 17 plus inches currently is going to be it for this winter.   The ingredients just aren't there to produce even a decent event this year.  A True Ratter.

• Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Unfortunately this winter just does not want to produce a real snow storm(Warning Event) for SNE.   That's a tough feat to pull off all season....futility at it's best.  I think my 17 plus inches currently is going to be it for this winter.   The ingredients just aren't there to produce even a decent event this year.  A True Ratter.

It's amazing not even 1 winter storm warning here or a storm which produced 2-4 inches.

Worst winter that I ever experienced. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

After this weekend for me........

Yup me too after the following weekend...sledding will be done for me for the season after next weekend.  And on to hopefully a decent spring here-god hope it's not as bad a spring as it was a winter here???  

County gonna get hit hard today and tonight...8-12 coming up there...just in time for my Next Thursday trip :-)

Although it's very disappointing that the winter ended the way it did in Southern New England, these Winters do happen and it has been a long time since it's been this bad. So we were due. Let's just look at it as we got it out of the way and things are looking up for next year. It can't get much worse LOL I'm ready for spring and summer. I'm truly done and over with this winter.

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Although it's very disappointing that the winter ended the way it did in Southern New England, these Winters do happen and it has been a long time since it's been this bad. So we were due. Let's just look at it as we got it out of the way and things are looking up for next year. It can't get much worse LOL I'm ready for spring and summer. I'm truly done and over with this winter.

Ya we needed about another 8 inches or so to even get to the 50% mark of normal snowfall for our area...ya it doesn't get a whole lot worse than this year for SNE.  Lets bring on some decent weather come March.  Doesn't have to be 60...but sunny and 50 is fine...Heck we've had that most of the winter, so let's keep it going. 

• Weenie 2

3 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya we needed about another 8 inches or so to even get to the 50% mark of normal snowfall for our area...ya it doesn't get a whole lot worse than this year for SNE.  Lets bring on some decent weather come March.  Doesn't have to be 60...but sunny and 50 is fine...Heck we've had that most of the winter, so let's keep it going.