Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I guess it's the first day of March, instead of the First week lol.  Sunday is March 1st, so I guess that's the end of any colder weather for the First week of March.  I'm way over it for SNE, but Heading up to far Northern Maine March 5th..hoping they can hold on to some cold way up there for the first week of March?   

Don't know about cold out that far, but Madawaska and New Sweden have high 20s pack and the woods probably a foot more.  Today likely took 1-2" off the depth but Thursday should add a bunch

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Those leaves that hang on one species of the White Oak all winter are blowing down today. Earliest I’ve seen that. It’s typically around early-mid Napril. More signs from Mother N. Anyone else notice that you n SNE last 2-3 days?

Have not had a leaf on any  tree  since the ice storm 

45 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Don't know about cold out that far, but Madawaska and New Sweden have high 20s pack and the woods probably a foot more.  Today likely took 1-2" off the depth but Thursday should add a bunch

The snow should be fine...just hate sledding when temps in the 40’s.  30’s is fine though. 

• Confused 1

Two days ago I snarked words to the affect that given the American teleconnector spread ( both agencies, too..), another one of these absurdly early runs at 80 F ( and that's happened three times in the last five years between Feb and Apr btw ) wouldn't shock me; and then I just saw the 12z Euro with a +12 C plume over Pa/upstate Ny heading this way... Three or perhaps four years ago, we made 85 F with 14 C in March .. which can exceed that adiabat purely be dry air expansion. 

The CDC version is even more demonstratively warmer all fields, every sector right out to the end of Week 2 -  

good luck winter enthusiasts...but, having just humored and bewildered over the content the last several pages, it seems those types are collapsing under pressure.  Good! save your psyches

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Two days ago I snarked words to the affect that given the American teleconnector spread ( both agencies, too..), another one of these absurdly early runs at 80 F ( and that's happened three times in the last five years between Feb and Apr btw ) wouldn't shock me; and then I just saw the 12z Euro with a +12 C plume over Pa/upstate Ny heading this way... Three or perhaps four years ago, we made 85 F with 14 C in March .. which can exceed that adiabat purely be dry air expansion. 

The CDC version is even more demonstratively warmer all fields, every sector right out to the end of Week 2 -  

good luck winter enthusiasts...but, having just humored and bewildered over the content the last several pages, it seems those types are collapsing under pressure.  Good! save your psyches

Seems like a Hadley Sonoran heat release is coming 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1