Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

And BOS should be cooler than you on this SW wind since it has to go over Dorchester Bay and the harbor...and for you it doesn't. Winthrop and the wharf are putting up 59s.

Yep...more faux records are going to keep going down too and it's just being ignored....lol. Any record that is not broken by more than 3F will have to be assumed to be fake, which is unacceptable in a field that should be pretty objective and scientific on the data.

Yeah if anything early season S-SW flow sort of mutes temps a tad at Logan with exactly what you said. Unreal. And then there is OWD lol. That sensor has gone off the reservation.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well any hope from the euro at 12z late weekend is laughable with the PV over our face. 

This would have been the type of setup where Kevin talks about ULL snow squalls and 1-2 inches if he was still in winter wishcasting mode.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And nothing we can do. It's pretty annoying since it gets the most publicity in SNE..well especially in the BOS market. 

It's unfortunate if the choice is to leave things as it is.

I ran a regression analysis for Jamaica Plain (JP) and Boston's January-February average temperature (1963-2017, excluding 2004-08 where no Jamaica Plain data is available). The resulting equation for Boston's January-February mean temperature was (0.923*JP)+4.129. The coefficient of determination was 0.936.

The mean error during the 1963-2017 period was 0.6° (same as the median error). The minimum error was 0.0°. The maximum error was 1.9° in 1965. Based on where things currently stand, the 2020 error would be 2.1°.

As noted above, should the choice be made to leave the ASOS where it is, that outcome will undermine the integrity of Boston's climate record. It would amount to a bad scientific decision.

Finally, Jamaica Plain is on track for its 3rd warmest January-February period (34.0° through 2/23 vs. 34.9° for January-February 2002).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That's a big PNA dump into the western US.

time to crank Plains severe wx season...hopefully in time for my journey out west. 

Get the Plains hot at the end of May and then it rolls right into the Northeast for June and July. 

Summer of 2020 can be called the summer of damage 

• Weenie 5

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Lol what happened to the first week of March starting off cold?  Not that a 200 plus hour OP run should be believed..but that Euro run doesn't look to cold a week from Wednesday. 

It's a decent cold shot later this week through the weekend, but it's sianara pretty quickly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol what happened to the first week of March starting off cold?  Not that a 200 plus hour OP run should be believed..but that Euro run doesn't look to cold a week from Wednesday. 

Pna going negative

AO still sucks

This winter is a disaster 

47 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s like the whole continent cold except E US. Just like the whole winter. #wepersist

It's been over for us since before the new year.  You've known it, but like many have hoped for the best.  But hope and prayers did not bring winter back.  It is seriously time to move on.  This will be better for your sanity, and in the long run be good for your relationship with your kids, and wife.  Maybe a new hobby is in order? Crank up some classic Kiss tunes, and start scrap booking with the family.  

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's a decent cold shot later this week through the weekend, but it's sianara pretty quickly.

Well I guess it's the first day of March, instead of the First week lol.  Sunday is March 1st, so I guess that's the end of any colder weather for the First week of March.  I'm way over it for SNE, but Heading up to far Northern Maine March 5th..hoping they can hold on to some cold way up there for the first week of March?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Winterless Winter Day at 50 degrees with average temps supposed to be at 32 this time of year.  Mother nature wants to clearly send us a message through this weather that she is not fooling or playing games with us.  One assumes a freezer is in our future and when it happens the complaints here will be about too much cold and no snow.  Wait, watch, and see coming next season to a winter near you.

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I guess it's the first day of March, instead of the First week lol.  Sunday is March 1st, so I guess that's the end of any colder weather for the First week of March.  I'm way over it for SNE, but Heading up to far Northern Maine March 5th..hoping they can hold on to some cold way up there for the first week of March?   

I'm heading to Rivere du loop march 6-8 for some sledding. Should be ok there.