Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Icon also had that,Euro has it just offshore. That popped up overnight 

Watch it be the one that sneaks up within 5 days..If anything we turn the page to March and we suddenly get more snow than January/February combined...definitely happened in the first 10 days of March last year.

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If there are ticks in late Feb, we’d have a big problem. It’s bad enough as it is that I have to get my property sprayed every month from April to October to keep them at bay, to an extent. I despise those vampires.

I see the lonestar and Asian varieties are on the upTICK in Fairfield county...Just what we need those and mosquitoes with EEE, we needed and record cold winter to help knock some of the populations back and we couldn't even get "cold" this year...

Just now, donsutherland1 said:

As of 1 pm, the high temperature in Boston was 63°. That is the warmest temperature this February. In addition, January-February 2020 remains on track for a two-month average temperature of 37.6°. That would easily surpass the 36.5° recorded in 2002 for the warmest January-February on record.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Definately an asterisk there.  Warm to be sure, but I am thinking lop 1.5F off that number

More like between 2-3F too warm at the Logan ASOS based off of surrounding mesonets.

Looks like it's actually degraded a bit further over the 6 months or so after being pretty stable from mid 2018 to mid 2019 after that first huge step-jump in early 2018. So it's closer to 3F these days.

KBOS_MADIS_964.png

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I'm 61.3 right now. 

And BOS should be cooler than you on this SW wind since it has to go over Dorchester Bay and the harbor...and for you it doesn't. Winthrop and the wharf are putting up 59s.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

And nothing we can do. It's pretty annoying since it gets the most publicity in SNE..well especially in the BOS market. 

Yep...more faux records are going to keep going down too and it's just being ignored....lol. Any record that is not broken by more than 3F will have to be assumed to be fake, which is unacceptable in a field that should be pretty objective and scientific on the data.

• Like 1