Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Doesn't look like a whole heck of a lot what's the base?

I don't know where he is but I'd bet a good dense couple feet in that pic?

We've been pretty steady lately with 12-18" on the ground in the lower elevations surrounding the "mountains" while once 1,500ft and higher it's more like 18-36".  Champlain Valley is less with 8-14" in general.

snowdepth.thumb.png.282eb146da11ba50dd99a20adc2d24d6.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't know where he is but I'd bet a good dense couple feet in that pic?

We've been pretty steady lately with 12-18" on the ground in the lower elevations surrounding the "mountains" while once 1,500ft and higher it's more like 18-36".  Champlain Valley is less with 8-14" in general.

snowdepth.thumb.png.282eb146da11ba50dd99a20adc2d24d6.png

Between Roxbury and Braintree. Center of the state, 2 ridges east of the spine. You’re right, it is very dense. 

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

According to migration of red wings, mid feb is normal on the Ct  coast

Spring migration began
in lateFebruarythroughMarch

https://birdsna.org/Species-Account/bna/species/rewbla/introduction

Well that is interesting. Thanks for digging that up, Steve. I can honestly say I've never noticed them prior to late March/early April. As I mentioned, our first sighting is our cue that it's time go out to Fishers and do our post-winter cleanup. Pick up fallen branches, see if mice have gotten into the house, see if storms left any sand on our beach etc.

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Gfs pretty much says you can punt the rest of this winter. What a hideous look.

More of the same.... rain

What a complete RATTER.  Every single decent look that was shown on any guidance(where we’d have a few chances), has totally never materialized this season for SNE.  That’s tough to do over a 3.5-4 month period in SNE.    So this is highly anomalous in that regard.  

Looks like my 17 plus inches for the season here will be about it; and about equal with 11-12’s seasonal total.  That’s about 37% of normal snowfall here lol; that’s a complete RATTER.  No Warning events this season.  11-12 had one Warning event.   

Sad part is, at least 11-12 got super warm and we went right into summer like weather.  This year is gonna make us suffer through a horrid spring I’m sure...just has that evil feel to it lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What a complete RATTER.  Every single decent look that was shown on any guidance(where we’d have a few chances), has totally never materialized this season for SNE.  That’s tough to do over a 3.5-4 month period in SNE.    So this is highly anomalous in that regard.  

Looks like my 17 plus inches for the season here will be about it; and about equal with 11-12’s seasonal total.  That’s about 37% of normal snowfall here lol; that’s a complete RATTER.  No Warning events this season.  11-12 had one Warning event.   

Sad part is, at least 11-12 got super warm and we went right into summer like weather.  This year is gonna make us suffer through a horrid spring I’m sure...just has that evil feel to it lol. 

I'm only going to end up with 3.3 inches which would be worse than 2001-2002. Worst winter that I can remember. 

There were alot of teases in the mid and long range for our areas but nothing panned out. 

Models showed several inches for my area with the December storm but that didnt pan out. I knew this winter was going to be lame once that happened.  You always get the feeling when something like that happens.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Already up above freezing...the sun feels great. Should make a push toward 45F here...50ish around CON/MHT. Maybe we even tickle 50F tomorrow at KOCK before we get some dirty southerly flow.

Up to low-20s at MVL/MPV... but BTV is already 15 degrees warmer 37F.  Holy crap.  

Just now, powderfreak said:

Up to low-20s at MVL/MPV... but BTV is already 15 degrees warmer 37F.  Holy crap.  

Gunstock held near 30F all night. Gotta get those wetbulbs above freezing to really do some dirty work on the pack. 20F dews isn't going to do a lot outside of the sun exposed areas.