Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Man people have a tough time letting go :lol:

It will be June 5th and we'll have an EML in place with a strong cold front moving through and people are going to hope the sfc low jumps southeast and somehow that will produce snow 

Except wishing for an EML in place with a strong cold front in New England is like wishing for a blizzard in Atlanta.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It will be June 5th and we'll have an EML in place with a strong cold front moving through and people are going to hope the sfc low jumps southeast and somehow that will produce snow 

Better chance it’ll be snow than SNE severe, even on June 5th

• Haha 2

You have a tough time letting go of severe 365 days a year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

The difference is Wiz...it's two weeks before March 5th, not June 5th.  So Snow is a very distinct commonality/possibility at this time of the year in SNE.  

Go grab a couple McDubs and chill. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

I think NYC needed a specific amount this year to raise their 30 year average to 30.

NYC is so vast the snowfall amounts in the City itself vary a lot.

Coastal Brooklyn is probably closer to 22 while the Bronx around 30.

Thru last month, NYC is running 30.2" for 1991-2020.  Last time a 30-year norm was 30"+ came 1891-1920.  The far-from-finished 2001-2030 period is 32.3".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I will say that once past the first week of March this year I'm honestly just wanting dry weather with near normal temps. Some projects i need to start and if it isn't going to snow i would rather just put the plows away and start the spring.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Except wishing for an EML in place with a strong cold front in New England is like wishing for a blizzard in Atlanta.

but the EML with a strong cold front is more likely to occur than a blizzard in Atlanta ;) 

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Better chance it’ll be snow than SNE severe, even on June 5th

betcha I can find more severe reports around your area on June 5th historically than there have been snow reports :) 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't blogged or even viewed a model in like two weeks.

Yup, it's been pretty pathetic that's for sure.  If we can't pick up another decent event(which is a distinct possibility), this might be worse than 11-12 for my hood.  Same amount of seasonal snow so far to date as 11-12, but even 11-12 had a "Warning" event that Jan; this year no Warning events here so far.  We Just missed out on the big stuff in Early Dec here.