Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You and your 1980’s ponytails and hair gels and a brittle always cold body. I was out in the driveway in a t shirt this morning. Get married and have kids, it will man you up kid.

I use styling wax...no more gel. Just run the fingers through the hair and do the magic. 

But yup...always cold. In fact, I wonder if something is causing my body temperature to be low. When I went to urgent care last month for my stomach they took my temperature (what a fancy tool too) and it was like 98.2 or 98.1...maybe that's why I'm always cold. I think I have poor circulation. But no way you'd catch me outside in a tee shirt in this cold. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I use styling wax...no more gel. Just run the fingers through the hair and do the magic. 

But yup...always cold. In fact, I wonder if something is causing my body temperature to be low. When I went to urgent care last month for my stomach they took my temperature (what a fancy tool too) and it was like 98.2 or 98.1...maybe that's why I'm always cold. I think I have poor circulation. But no way you'd catch me outside in a tee shirt in this cold. 

You can improve poor circulation with a better diet and exercise. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’d be more satisfied with a bomb too. That made last year end nicely for me. I can see what Ray  means.

Put me down for that!  Even if it’s a Rainer here!  Months and months of dull weather ahead!  Of course I’m going to Alaska for 2 weeks in August so pencil in a tropical system for SNE at that point LOL

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So judgmental 

I care for my friends and fellow neighbors, want them to be healthy mentally and physically. I joke with Wiz but don’t tell me one mcdonald’s cheeseburger a day is anything but very sub optimal. I think you take my words/posts the wrong way too often. Maybe it’s my sarcastic personality so we should hash out any tension over a drink or two again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When you’re 50 and have underarm flab that would make a grandma proud, I’ll come running by and give it a little jiggle 

Ha, no need to get crazy juiced up. Just a healthy toned and leaned frame from eating well and circuit training/exercising. But if you want to run by and give the fanny a little jiggle, a little slap...it’s chiseled. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I care for my friends and fellow neighbors, want them to be healthy mentally and physically. I joke with Wiz but don’t tell me one mcdonald’s cheeseburger a day is anything but very sub optimal. I think you take my words/posts the wrong way too often. Maybe it’s my sarcastic personality so we should hash out any tension over a drink or two again. 

I think Paul is Paul and will be fine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks fairly mild later on in the 11-15 day. Other than a deep trough for a few days, I don’t see much hope. Maybe it changes. 

Other than next Thurs sys, which may be rn, sn or mix, I don't see any net gains around our hood. Low 40s  starting Sun through next week. I'd say the pack will be shrinking quite a bit.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Other than next Thurs sys, which may be rn, sn or mix, I don't see any net gains around our hood. Low 40s  starting Sun through next week. I'd say the pack will be shrinking quite a bit.

A lot will depend on next week. If it slices through MSS, then it’s rains to Maine. If it tries to consolidate more east over SNE or east of SNE then it could be a good system at least for NNE. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When you stop lifting.Guess what.  The muscle turns to jello

No

not even close 

it just atrophies, disappears 

and if you eat worse at the time you stop lifting well then that’s why you “turn” to Jello

, or because when many stop exercising with weights (that hour of exercise that burnt 4-500 Calories) is now 400-500 calories that you are now storing - if you are sitting on your butt 

Muscle has never turned into fat or vice versa 

so if someone lifted heavily and then stopped and did cardio for like 2-3 years  w zero lifting  they would look like Rev ...”lean”

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lift weights, it helps with the fragile emotional mood swings. 

Most in here could use that life style change.   

I nice three mile run, weight lifting caboosed by a 20 minute fast paced, inclined walk on a treadmill at a gym. Anything that gets one's heart rate up to 120+ bpm (relative to age) and is sustained for 30 minutes, releases endorphins. These are precisely the same types of endogenous opioid neuropeptides ... ( haha but true) that gets released in small amounts by a big bomb on a D7 Euro chart - seriously...That outre sort of 'good mood' one feels for an hour after seeing that storm in the cinema of the model run?  That's the naturally occurring opiods at work.  The only problem is, it is utterly unsustainable because that becomes a dependency on a source that does not provide that 'drug' often enough.  It's unhealthy ...

These "JOY" hormones are naturally occurring, and help one feel well-adjusted and more able to handle times of stress, lowering anxiety, improving overall mood and well-being. Those that engage in regular physical activities are getting that the right way. This parlays 'synergistically' to an overall improvement in health and vitality. And the incredible bonus? Those improvements mean others around them are naturally more tolerant of their bullshit yayyy, because they are shoveling less of it - and the tenors of this and social media et al improves markedly.  Ha... but, one can modulate this stuff more dependably without relying on the complete vagaries of the winds in the model runs. 

• Like 1