Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

27 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Euro shifted the total 00z solution E by some 300 miles ... Jesus...  lost on y'all

also, the incredible 'subsume phase' synoptic evolution and at this range...  Heh, it's lecturing a empty room at this point I guess

I def. see big potential during that time frame and always have, but I think the situation warrants cautious skepticism at this early juncture.

4 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya cuz that model performs so well......that model is worst of all..you know that; plus it's an OP run that's a week away on top of it.    Why the avatar change?

Hey, even a blind pig sniffs out the occasional acorn.

And I don't think next Thursday will be an inland 970 stemwinder like on 12z GFW.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm just not really interested in a system that is 7 days out. It's definitely possible it turns into a legit snow threat....but I'm waiting until at least Saturday night or Sunday to start thinking seriously about it. But yeah....I've mentioned previously that this storm could produce if things line up....it has some amazing dynamics with it.

But I'm waiting until we're closer to the 100 hour mark before really analyzing the details if it is still even a viable threat by then.

Lot of but’s in there. Bbbbbuuutttt

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

yes please start a thread. in the NYC forum, where the climate is unlike 99% of NE. 

I wouldn't go that far. Yes it's further south so that means usually a little warmer and less snow then NE but if any big city compares to Boston climate wise, I'd say it's NYC. Temps are very similar climo wise. Coastal areas of NE from BOS-south and west are pretty similar to the coastal tri-state area. Now if you're talking north of the Mass/NH border, then it's def different.

I'd say south of EWR starts to really draw major differences in climo compared to NE.

1 minute ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I wouldn't go that far. Yes it's further south so that means usually a little warmer and less snow then NE but if any big city compares to Boston climate wise, I'd say it's NYC. Temps are very similar climo wise. Coastal areas of NE from BOS-south and west are pretty similar to the coastal tri-state area. Now if you're talking north of the Mass/NH border, then it's def different.

I'd say south of EWR starts to really draw major differences in climo compared to NE.

Someone needs a climo lesson 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

Folks that are satisfied with this winter because of a few inches in early dec have lost it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well, to be fair. Some areas did see a big event. But I mostly agree. I think people might be starting to hedge a bit given we are running out of time, maybe trying to put lipstick on a pig a bit.

I don’t see it. You got a big storm the first day of December and then half a foot of snow the rest of the year, that’s a bad winter, sorry.

• Like 3

Well, to be fair. Some areas did see a big event. But I mostly agree. I think people might be starting to hedge a bit given we are running out of time, maybe trying to put lipstick on a pig a bit.
I don’t see it. You got a big storm the first day of December and then half a foot of snow the rest of the year, that’s a bad winter, sorry.
I know some folks did OK, but as Kevin said ORH south and east north east was pretty bad. Just to add insult to injury, I was in Taiwan for the december storm lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Meh

It's been a tight NW favored gradient.  Ray and I usually run neck and neck, year in and year out, with his advantage in big coastal years but you can see the gradient that occurred so far this season on Kevin's snow table thread.

If not for the early December storm, RT 2 N would be absurdly ahead in totals.  I'd still be at 30" and Dave at or above 40" but many S of the Pike would barely be out of single digit totals.  So in that regard it has been a full ratter for many. 

This year RT 2 N & W of Gardner has been a bit disappointing but still mostly been full winter conditions despite the mild temperatures and lack of impressive storms.