Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

This is what I mean when I said the models look bad this morning. The stupid trough in the west keeps coming back.

Verbatim it’s not bad here, but I know what it could entail with that look. Just wish we could shake things up. It’s had that look for a couple of days. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually last night’s ensembles were the best they’ve looked since December. Not saying I believe them , but there’s no denying winter at least has a chance starting next Thursday. I think you live south of NYC, so maybe there they look bad 

Chrysalis forming...

• Haha 1

That early week wave could have a huge say in things. The airmass for much of next week is quite warm..perhaps if that early week wave comes weaker/flatter that will mute the air mass a bit...but it just seems like it might be another system with crappy airmass and then after the storm (end of week) we get the cold :axe: 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

That early week wave could have a huge say in things. The airmass for much of next week is quite warm..perhaps if that early week wave comes weaker/flatter that will mute the air mass a bit...but it just seems like it might be another system with crappy airmass and then after the storm (end of week) we get the cold :axe: 

Hows that massive NC snowstorm look today.  What does Eric say?

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Somebody want to tell me about the Euro fail in the SE. 06 a now down to an inch or 2. Nam headed that way, GFS there. Euro has been meh for a long time

We'll see....there were several runs in a row around D3 where the Euro had almost zero.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Verbatim it’s not bad here, but I know what it could entail with that look. Just wish we could shake things up. It’s had that look for a couple of days. 

It might just be one of those years we don’t get another opportunity. Just incredibly frustrating winter. I just hope we can get one more storm chance before this disaster is over. Still haven’t plowed snow yet this winter. That would be a first for me if we go without one plowable  event. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

HRRR still very bullish. If that's correct that's a very nice snowstorm.

It's going to be super close...definitely probably not going to be a widespread event, but despite all the shifts and uncertainties one thing which has been pretty consistent is the area getting hit pretty good where the WSW is up. But looks like the system is going to end up a bit flatter which is going to hurt quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

This is what I mean when I said the models look bad this morning. The stupid trough in the west keeps coming back.

And you were right , it’s just semantics and the knee jerk of maybe losing another “good “ look and the step down process we like to mute into “ok”. Hopefully the trough out west goes away 

edit thou I haven’t looked at anything , after being on the board and reading the posts from Mets , one really doesn’t have to 

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

And you were right , it’s just semantics and the knee jerk of maybe losing another “good “ look and the step down process we like to mute into “ok”. Hopefully the trough out west goes away 

edit thou I haven’t looked at anything , after being on the board and reading the posts from Mets , one really doesn’t have to 

Well its definitely a totally different pattern days 8 thru 14

download (4).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Blizzzard of 13 came with a trough(-PNA) out west...big storms can happen with a trough out west.   But this year..nothing seems to be popping for us, so I can understand the angst.  

At this point who cares is my opinion.  If we don't get any more snow/or nothing of consequence, we can say this year beat out the Ratter of 11-12, and this year can be the worst Ratter in a generation or more for SNE.  

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

The Blizzzard of 13 came with a trough(-PNA) out west...big storms can happen with a trough out west.   But this year..nothing seems to be popping for us, so I can understand the angst.  

At this point who cares is my opinion.  If we don't get any more snow/or nothing of consequence, we can say this year beat out the Ratter of 11-12, and this year can be the worst Ratter in a generation or more for SNE.  

2013 had a neg NAO...tough to deal with a tough out west when the arctic and atlantic suck.

• Like 3

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

2013 had a neg NAO...tough to deal with a tough out west when the arctic and atlantic suck.

No I get it....this year sucks for sure...more working against us for sure.   I'm curious....was there a -NAO for the Feb 13 monster?  I think I remember there wasn't?  But I certainly could be mistaken on that? 

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Agreed. I'm fine either way.