Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, 8611Blizz said:

Hey bouchard is all in on the day 8-9 euro storm ( or maybe  their shithouse model).

2/27 does have multi-model support and is showing up on their ensembles too...it’s just a little bit marginal on the airmass. So we can’t really afford a wide girth of tracks. The front runner system is actually helping out though making it hard for the 2/27 system to cut. Almost like a pseudo 50/50 low but it’s a tedious setup. 

I’ll start getting a lot more intrigued if we’re seeing the same look by Saturday night or Sunday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Does he even have a clue about any of this? A 10mb disruption does not have an immediate impact on the troposphere. Christ. 

Most of the folks that read that crap don’t know a high pressure system from a low pressure system...so that’s how clowns like that get away  with stuff like that for the most part. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

Has it really been that great a winter up north?

No it just seems like it because it’s been near average snowfall in most spots there while it’s been dogshit in SNE. So normal snowfall for an already snowier climate will feel like a blockbuster when measured against a garbage winter here. 

Looks like PWM and GYX are a bit above normal, CON a bit below...BTV slightly above. Not sure about the greens...powderfreak can prob give us the numbers but I think I recall him saying recently it hasn’t been a great winter there. Just kind of near average...which again, will feel like late Jan/February 2015 when measured against the winter here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No it just seems like it because it’s been near average snowfall in most spots there while it’s been dogshit in SNE. So normal snowfall for an already snowier climate will feel like a blockbuster when measured against a garbage winter here. 
Looks like PWM and GYX are a bit above normal, CON a bit below...BTV slightly above. Not sure about the greens...powderfreak can prob give us the numbers but I think I recall him saying recently it hasn’t been a great winter there. Just kind of near average...which again, will feel like late Jan/February 2015 when measured against the winter here. 
Certainly hasn't felt like a winter above avg snow wise

14 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Certainly hasn't felt like a winter above avg snow wise

Well I think GYX was like 1” above average. Lol. It’s been pretty warm too so not great for really deep pack. 

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well I think GYX was like 1” above average. Lol. It’s been pretty warm too so not great for really deep pack. 

I think that's main issue. Average snow with lots of rain storms mixed in doesn't really make for a great winter. Took this long to have the resort 100% open, the glades really struggled. They are finally in good conditions

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Near average snowfall but really warm, which has kept lack depth a bit lower than normal. It’s not awful but not great. Hate to agree with Dr. Dews but it has been mediocre to my way of thinking. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's misleading because that stretch was a real weenie stretch. So it's not really a good comparison. 

Yeah I think northern Maine, northern New Brunswick, and eastern Newfoundland are the only places with significant positive snowfall anomalies in eastern North America lol. 

42 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Near average snowfall but really warm, which has kept lack depth a bit lower than normal. It’s not awful but not great. Hate to agree with Dr. Dews but it has been mediocre to my way of thinking. 

Mediocre has a lot of attached negative connotation but I really just meant a near or slightly below avg. winter. depending upon what region of NNE. The mild temps were a bigger deal in January than lately, since snowfall has been much better and that is worth something. Of course I live here and not there so you all are the better judge.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Mediocre has a lot of attached negative connotation but I really just meant a near or slightly below avg. winter. depending upon what region of NNE. The mild temps were a bigger deal in January than lately, since snowfall has been much better and that is worth something. Of course I live here and not there so you all are the better judge.

I agreed with you at the time too, I was just messing around. The point being that, as you said, mediocre may have a negative connotation attached but it really is near average and that can still be good for winter lovers, especially up here. 

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I agreed with you at the time too, I was just messing around. The point being that, as you said, mediocre may have a negative connotation attached but it really is near average and that can still be good for winter lovers, especially up here. 

yeah, at least there's a decent pack to enjoy.

sd1_today.jpg