Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Persistence is the same as luck when discussing the weather. Both of them have nothing to do with it 

You just used the winter to date to justify your call. That means you are using persistence as a key part of your March forecast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I cited 4 things .

And two of them were “the winter” and “the vibe of the season”. Lol. That’s persistence. 

Anyways, I’m not gonna keep harping on the semantics here. In my view, March is a muddled signal at the moment...it could end up warm and snowless but I wouldn’t make that call right now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Day 10 Euro went out of its way to make my point ...  You can see the ambient velocities have slackened as the +AO height depths in the N elevate with the easing off of that particular index, which means ... the integrated gradient everywhere also reduces...

The only problem is, the heights remain elevated in the S.   No bueno on that look.

Seems more and more like this winter is the first one where CC has more coherently f'ed up winter; and the vitriol soon to follow as to what caused this winter to behave the way it did, I can assure....CC will be the last reason entered -

• Weenie 1

Sometimes jumping onto this site is like reading Joyce....total stream of consciousness. 

So what if March (aka "Morch" to some of the pre-teens here) blows? Winter is climatologically  nearly over. On the other hand, if we get cold and snowy, its a gift. There is something to be said for a blizzard followed by enough high sun to help melt the stuff on roads and walkways in something less than two weeks.

Anyhow. Looks like our 4 months of mud season will end before mid May this year. Be thankful for the small things.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It hasn’t changed from that look.  In fact I’d say today is pretty close.  Not sure it happens but it’s modeled 

And we’re not calling for deep winter either. I think the modeled look moderates a bit but it should be enough to give SNE the best chance since the stone age, early Dec. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And we’re not calling for deep winter either. I think the modeled look moderates a bit but it should be enough to give SNE the best chance since the stone age, early Dec. 

Love how early next week looks to have a pretty good track, but we have no cold air around so it end up a cold rain....lol, can't win this winter it seems

10 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

That's a nice hit down in the Carolinas for Friday on the 18z NAM., LOL. SE Forum starting to perk up a bit.  Would be fitting.  

I laughed at that one... Deep South gets a snowstorm but everything relaxes jussssstttttt in time for our next Rainer early next week. Winter 19-20 rolls on

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It certainly doesn’t look cold, but it can still be serviceable as we enter bowling season in March.  

I totally get your pessimism from months of the same thing, but I still think from a law of averages standpoint, the longer it doesn’t snow the more likely something breaks favorably. 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It certainly doesn’t look cold, but it can still be serviceable as we enter bowling season in March.  

I totally get your pessimism from months of the same thing, but I still think from a law of averages standpoint, the longer it doesn’t snow the more likely something breaks favorably. 

Do canes work like that?

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

March starts cold. Good late season skiing up there and hopefully something breaks right down here. 

• Like 1