Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

What a day!  We spring!

Warm down there?

Had a couple rounds of light snow this morning, now going bluebird and temps/dews dropping a bit.  24/10 now in the valley with NW breeze.

Perfect mid-winter day.  1" new snow at the mountain now blue skies.

It has been one of the best President's Weekends weather wise that we've seen in a long time.  Great snow going into it and just bluebird most of the time without high winds or truly brutal cold.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f710d0022916e4fa2b628503a61d144d.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah. I know it’s outrageous to say that we won’t have the most anomalous March ever on record. Silly me.

Who said that? It’s just looking like a mild to at times warm and snowless month. Not record warm. Not sure why some of these guys are hanging on . Will honestly surprises me. Dude knows better. 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Who said that? It’s just looking like a mild to at times warm and snowless month. Not record warm. Not sure why some of these guys are hanging on . Will honestly surprises me. Dude knows better. 

You honestly have no idea about if it’s going to snow or not in March or even late this month. 

You think you do, but you don’t. The most skillful long range met wouldn’t be able to predict that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Warm down there?

Had a couple rounds of light snow this morning, now going bluebird and temps/dews dropping a bit.  24/10 now in the valley with NW breeze.

Perfect mid-winter day.  1" new snow at the mountain now blue skies.

It has been one of the best President's Weekends weather wise that we've seen in a long time.  Great snow going into it and just bluebird most of the time without high winds or truly brutal cold.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.f710d0022916e4fa2b628503a61d144d.jpg

40ish but the sun is warm and bright. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You honestly have no idea about if it’s going to snow or not in March or even late this month. 

You think you do, but you don’t. The most skillful long range met wouldn’t be able to predict that. 

I distinctly said Jan would have little snow prior to Jan 20. Might have said none. We got 4-5” the whole month. Feb I said looked relatively snowless. We’ve all had 1-3” in SNE.

It doesn’t take a genius to look at the winter, the pattern, the indicies , the general vibe of the season to think Morch follows the same pattern of little to no snow. 

• Weenie 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

It’s bern just cold enough and just snowy enough to have decent amount of snow cover days here in Nashua 

I would really enjoy a repeat of May - September last year 

we had one of the latest first “summer”days ( day that averaged 75 or higher) and many many cool below normal nites in August 

Last summer had lots of coc. I think it will be hard pressed to find them this summer though. 

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I distinctly said Jan would have little snow prior to Jan 20. Might have said none. We got 4-5” the whole month. Feb I said looked relatively snowless. We’ve all had 1-3” in SNE.

It doesn’t take a genius to look at the winter, the pattern, the indicies , the general vibe of the season to think Morch follows the same pattern of little to no snow. 

Ok you think that it will be a warm and snowless March. That’s fine you think that’s. That doesn’t mean I should be thinking the same thing or acting “surprised” that I don’t and that I “should know better”. I don’t see much that supports a torchy/snowless March.

It could definitely happen...I’m not saying it won’t....but there’s nothing at the moment that screams torch and snowless March. Nothing screams cold and snowy either...it’s kind of a muddled signal. Persistence hasn’t worked in the past on these....so there’s no reason for me to use persistence this time. For every example of a garbage March that followed a garbage rest of the winter, I can point to one that went against the seasonal grain. That, by definition, means that’s persistence doesn’t have any skill. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ok you think that it will be a warm and snowless March. That’s fine you think that’s. That doesn’t mean I should be thinking the same thing or acting “surprised” that I don’t and that I “should know better”. I don’t see much that supports a torchy/snowless March.

It could definitely happen...I’m not saying it won’t....but there’s nothing at the moment that screams torch and snowless March. Nothing screams cold and snowy either...it’s kind of a muddled signal. Persistence hasn’t worked in the past on these....so there’s no reason for me to use persistence this time. For every example of a garbage March that followed a garbage rest of the winter, I can point to one that went against the seasonal grain. That, by definition, means that’s persistence doesn’t have any skill. 

Persistence is the same as luck when discussing the weather. Both of them have nothing to do with it 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1