Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

9 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

what more could anyone ask for?..perfection for February. Maybe 60's but that is greedy

Sunday ...

Not nearly as cold as today with low level SW jet yielding WAA
boosting 925 mb temps from -10C/-11C today to about 0C to +1C by
Sunday afternoon. This will support highs in the 40s with low
probability of some towns in eastern MA possibly briefly touching 50
Sunday afternoon. So about 5-10 degs warmer than normal.

And yesterday was 22° BN here.  Torch

10 hours ago, Powderboy413 said:

Cold start to March

3CD298C3-BACB-4F12-A2E6-BC89744589EA.png

And the new map looks a bit warmer and trending mild even in the fantasy land map.  By the end on this fantasy land day most of the east gets back to above average heights.  

Then there is the CFS, as terrible as that model is it has trended much milder for the weeklies and the monthly report has also trended mild bordering on a March torch.  Point being we are not getting out of this pattern anytime soon, and that is something that you will have to accept that if your a snow lover this winter will be noted in the note book as a dismal epic fail.  The year with no winter.  Perhaps pay back from years ago in the year with no summer.  

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

And the new map looks a bit warmer and trending mild even in the fantasy land map.  By the end on this fantasy land day most of the east gets back to above average heights.  

Then there is the CFS, as terrible as that model is it has trended much milder for the weeklies and the monthly report has also trended mild bordering on a March torch.  Point being we are not getting out of this pattern anytime soon, and that is something that you will have to accept that if your a snow lover this winter will be noted in the note book as a dismal epic fail.  The year with no winter.  Perhaps pay back from years ago in the year with no summer.  

gary-coleman--1024x576.jpg

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, alex said:

An unexpected 0.7" overnight. Good to keep those trees white. 

62C019A0-CFDE-4102-BDE7-4AE398D406EE.jpeg

0.4 here! And to think people are trying to say this is a February to forget.  This was a storm for the ages!

I have now passed the 60" barrier on the year which is impressive seeing I have yet to get more than 6.5" for a single storm (unless that recent 2 parter counts which gave me 4 then 3.5)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

There is still that window of opportunity late month into early March. I haven’t seen that change. After this week we warm again until late month. 

Yeah could be pretty fugly for a week. Thaw it out a bit and then cheer on one last hurrah.

image.png

I'm trying to find a graphic of the model verification comparisons.  It doesn't matter for what time period, I'm just trying to get an exampple.

Also, if anyone has  graphic of ensemble member low placements from any good storm, that would be great too.  If it's showing a decent spread, that is even better!

Thanks!