Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

34 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

The airport I saw that was -40 this morning was about 75-100 miles north of the Maine border.  I think it's in the Gaspe but not specifically sure.  I was just trying to give geographically challenged folks an indicator of where it was.  I've actually traveled to that area many times so I'm familiar with it.  This past summer I was in Estcourt Station and iEdmunston.  I know Edmunston is in New Brunswick but the area northeast of there is Quebec and I thought the Gaspe.

Either way, it's outside of Maine but I thought close enough and an impressively low temp to mention.

That's not the greatest tourist attraction around.  :lol:  I've only been there related to work, and that way back when I lived in Fort Kent.  What brought you into that country?  Also, I'd postulated Riviere du Loup as perhaps a "border" town with Gaspe being points NE from there, and I think it's 100 miles or less from Estcourt Sta, so your Gaspe call might be on target after all the hoorah.

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That's not the greatest tourist attraction around.  :lol:  I've only been there related to work, and that way back when I lived in Fort Kent.  What brought you into that country?  Also, I'd postulated Riviere du Loup as perhaps a "border" town with Gaspe being points NE from there, and I think it's 100 miles or less from Estcourt Sta, so your Gaspe call might be on target after all the hoorah.

Well either way..100 miles over the Maine border, is not just over the boarder imo.  10-15 miles Over then sure. Not 100 miles.  

And yes...I’ve been to Estcourt station on my sled...other then snowmobiling....why would one go there?  There’s nothing there?  Fishing perhaps? 

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

It's the northern tip of New England.  I like going to geographical places like that.  This fall we went to the southern most tip of Connecticut so it was kind of neat going to the northern and southern most points so close like that.

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Well either way..100 miles over the Maine border, is not just over the boarder imo.  10-15 miles Over then sure. Not 100 miles.  

And yes...I’ve been to Estcourt station on my sled...other then snowmobiling....why would one go there?  There’s nothing there?  Fishing perhaps? 

Everything is relative I guess.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mild? Lol March 12 lol. This is going to be fun here on out trolling Dews and DIT

download (2).png

download (1).png

troll someone who doesn't give a rat's behind, winter is finished by then. Done. Cashed. Kicked liked a weed bong you just ripped up. Fertig. Finito. Acabado. At worst it's like this past November, hopefully with similar snow results

• Weenie 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

troll someone who doesn't give a rat's behind, winter is finished by then. Done. Cashed. Kicked liked a weed bong you just ripped up. Fertig. Finito. Acabado. At worst it's like this past November, hopefully with similar snow results

C on the melt index, I think you can do better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Lol at the people saying no more cold and snow. They will be in for a rude awakening come late February into March when the cold and snow will arrive.

no one is saying it won't cold or snow after the winter is done, just like we can have a hot September and October. Its just the cold is fleeting, snow generally disappears almost instantly (outside of elevations) and even those bordeine wintry periods are usually surrounded by 50's and 60's+

https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020/02/16/north-america-on-the-long-term-16th-feb/
My final long range snowfall forecast for the season. Looks bleak for the Eastern US unfortunately. Similar negating factors as there have been all winter. New England might be able to do better in the next two weeks or so, compared to further south.

I also verified my seasonal forecast from November. I predicted an average season, that ended up being below average for the Northeast coast. The interior didn’t do a whole lot better either. 

what more could anyone ask for?..perfection for February. Maybe 60's but that is greedy

Sunday ...

Not nearly as cold as today with low level SW jet yielding WAA
boosting 925 mb temps from -10C/-11C today to about 0C to +1C by
Sunday afternoon. This will support highs in the 40s with low
probability of some towns in eastern MA possibly briefly touching 50
Sunday afternoon. So about 5-10 degs warmer than normal.