• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

Only 4F at ORH....if they somehow don't fall below 0F during that cold shot next week..it will be the first year they failed to fall below 0F since 2011-2012 winter.

4F would also be the highest minimum temp for a winter since 2001-2002 when it only fell to 10F (!!!!). It would actually rank 4th all time....1931-1932 and 1936-1937 only dropped to 5F. 2001-2002 is in  a class by itself.

We'll see about next Friday though....some of the guidance is pretty damned cold. Even if it doesn't get below 0F, it could easily get below 4F.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MetHerb said:

How so?  You cross the border of northern Maine and you're in the Gaspe region of Quebec.  Either way it north of the border and out of the U.S. Not sure why you're splitting hairs.

You cross the boarder of Northern Maine, and your in New Brunswick.  Then when you travel north/northeast from there quite a distance, then there’s the Gaspe Peninsula.  At least  that’s the way I’ve always thought of it.  Unless New Brunswick is considered the Gaspe region?   I’ve never heard of that..but maybe that’s just me?  Wasn’t trying to split hairs at all. 

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

You cross the boarder of Northern Maine, and your in New Brunswick.  Then when you travel north/northeast from there quite a distance, then there’s the Gaspe Peninsula.  At least  that’s the way I’ve always thought of it.  Unless New Brunswick is considered the Gaspe region?   I’ve never heard of that..but maybe that’s just me?  Wasn’t trying to split hairs at all. 

Unless one goes thru the woods to cross from Estcourt Station.  However, that area drains into the St. John, so IMO it's not Gaspe.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Unless one goes thru the woods to cross from Estcourt Station.  However, that area drains into the St. John, so IMO it's not Gaspe.

The airport I saw that was -40 this morning was about 75-100 miles north of the Maine border.  I think it's in the Gaspe but not specifically sure.  I was just trying to give geographically challenged folks an indicator of where it was.  I've actually traveled to that area many times so I'm familiar with it.  This past summer I was in Estcourt Station and iEdmunston.  I know Edmunston is in New Brunswick but the area northeast of there is Quebec and I thought the Gaspe.

Either way, it's outside of Maine but I thought close enough and an impressively low temp to mention.