Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Suggestion in the deep field that the hemisphere's getting ready for spring slosh back and that will likely mean substantive blocking ... probably/more likely in the NAO or overlap regions of the adjacent AO ..along with some flow relaxation and more increase r-wave numbers yielding a pretty definitively different circulation bias comparing the predominately longitude/speed shear we've seen everywhere.  

Leaning toward March ..mainly the first the first half, as being a bootleg savior for seasonal totals per an active pattern that is more meridianal in structure which connotes cyclogen regions activate.  I also wouldn't be suprised if the east Pac finally juts a ridge node into western Canada, too.  These are not unprecedented season ending regimes after fast flows, and in fact...fast flows tend to decompose into blocking intervals when they break down anyway, but we'll be superimposing the seasonal temporality on top of that so the two may constructively interfere.

It's a three week ...maybe four squeezed in of vulnerability when the sun actually eases the gradient, while still having enough cold in the hemispheric bank -

How many beers you on?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, alex said:

-13.2. My house makes all these weird snapping noises. 

-11F here at 9pm.

You know it is going to get brutally cold when the dew points are plummeting with the temperatures. 

Dew point is down to -17F now from -13F an hour or two ago.  It's like the temperature can't catch up to the dew point despite it's free-falling.

Trees are popping outside.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

-11F here at 9pm.

You know it is going to get brutally cold when the dew points are plummeting with the temperatures. 

Dew point is down to -17F now from -13F an hour or two ago.  It's like the temperature can't catch up to the dew point despite it's free-falling.

Last Saturday Night will be really tough to beat though...don’t think it will beat it.  But cold nonetheless. 

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

-11F here at 9pm.

Now -16/-32. My daughter has ski school at 9, yikes

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes sir.  When I was driving home from N. Aroostook that morning...my truck temp gauge saw -28F at 6:15 am.  That’s why I said I don’t think tonight beats last Saturday night..? 

Yeah that was -24F at MVL.  My wife said she was getting consistent -22F to -24F on her car as she drove to work that morning.  That's pretty cold.  I could see negative upper teens to low twenties here?