SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

14 minutes ago, radarman said:

2008 also had the crazy long tornado in NH

2012 had the only tornado on BID and the landphoon

2014 had that notable tornado that hit the Boston area (Revere esp)

2015 was pretty meh I think, may have been a tornado near Hubby

and last year was all about Cape Cod

I think there was an EF0 that was in Westminster that year    Edit. Yup. In June.  I think I witnessed the start of it

Hubbardston had one in 2018

18 minutes ago, radarman said:

2008 also had the crazy long tornado in NH

2012 had the only tornado on BID and the landphoon

2014 had that notable tornado that hit the Boston area (Revere esp)

2015 was pretty meh I think, may have been a tornado near Hubby

and last year was all about Cape Cod

yeah the Swanzey one which happened like 10:00 AM in 2008

2012 I think even had a couple in CT from that same event

could even go back to 2007 (which had the supercells on June 5) and 2006 (derecho in August and a major event July 18

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

hurricane and tor talk, this is great. Let's not forget the march 13th? supercell back in 2010, was it? 

that was April I think...went to the Baseball HOF that day...if we're thinking same event 

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I think there was an EF0 that was in Westminster that year    Edit. Yup. In June.  I think I witnessed the start of it

Hubbardston had one in 2018

Hardwick too.  That was the same day as the notable outbreak in RI and parts of SEMA.  Nice writeup by Ryan on that one.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/exceptional-tornado-outbreak-in-new-england/163724/

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah the Swanzey one which happened like 10:00 AM in 2008

2012 I think even had a couple in CT from that same event

could even go back to 2007 (which had the supercells on June 5) and 2006 (derecho in August and a major event July 18

that was April I think...went to the Baseball HOF that day...if we're thinking same event 

This one was March, I actually uploaded a video for that storm .now lost somewhere down the YouTube rabbit hole.

215pm

Clear skies   9.8F  Snow depth 10"  58.75" season

(SNE your missing out on so much fun!)

PS  Anyone that wants to take a 1:50 minute drive from downtown Boston and come up and chip ice dams tomorrow off my roof, be my guest.  I'll let you use my snowblower and make a paths in my back fields too.  Knock yourself out!

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

215pm

Clear skies   9.8F  Snow depth 10"  58.75" season

(SNE your missing out on so much fun!)

PS  Anyone that wants to take a 1:50 minute drive from downtown Boston and come up and chip ice dams tomorrow off my roof, be my guest.  I'll let you use my snowblower and make a paths in my back fields too.  Knock yourself out!

Lol, way to put salt on a wound...........enjoy

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What’s really interesting is how massive the variance looks on there the past 2-3 decades.  

Some huge winters and some huge ratters.  A lot more spread recently it seems.  Going back to the 90s that looks like 6 winters above 75” and 6 winters below 25”?

That 1925-1955 period is also really underrated for how bad it was....ORH looks like that too....it basically looks like the 1980s except it lasts 30 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

15-16 had a nice paste job back earlier in Feb. the combo of temps and lack of snow since early December is close to rivaling all time here. 

Yeah it’s pretty bad for Boston. And even worst down here. I believe 80% of the country has more snow then kphl. @weathafella where would you rank this ratter in your opinion? 

59 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I remember your concern in the fall.  The staff of your weather office did a good job!

We were very concerned but then the Nov cold outbreak threw everyone off. Peeps thought the Nov pattern would continue but instead it reverted back to what Oct looked it in that region. Sad, but what can we do but move forward and try to score once or twice before spring now. 

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If the pig shows up at any point in the fall beyond just a brief sighting...we should be alarmed. I’m sure it’s not a slam dunk correlation but man it should scare us enough to pump the brakes.

There is probably nothing that could give weenies pause in Fall unless the pig slapped the hotdog out of their hands 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If the pig shows up at any point in the fall beyond just a brief sighting...we should be alarmed. I’m sure it’s not a slam dunk correlation but man it should scare us enough to pump the brakes.

It is probably a better correlation than say snow in the middle of some field in Russia, in October....I remember the discussion sometime in late November regarding this, and we further discussed the -PNA/Pig combo showing up in the longer range everytime there was glimmers of hope in December/January and now again in February. Great work

• Thanks 1