Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Awful overnight  runs

It's truly amazing how persistent  this pattern is.

Surprise surprise! The long range, phantom +PNA/-EPO and -NAO/-AO disappears once again. Who would have thought? I mean this hasn’t been happening since the beginning of December or anything....

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 hours ago, cleetussnow said:

Oh I agree,  but I got a 14 year old.  Those 150 miles (actually 166 miles) were on high traffic trails.  What starts as stutter bumps increases to deep whoopti doos by nightfall.  I’m ready for Maine. 

The fact they give out t shirts for 150 miles is telling. We got the only ones that day.  

Problem with Maine is trails are BORING compared to VT. NH just has too many trail police. Frustrating as hell to be stopped every few intersections being asked for registration etc

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

+++++++ AO.

All you need to know. You got that.. you got spring in winter . Iron clad 

This March could very well yield a pattern similar to that of 2012...the way everything is structured now and how it seems to evolve is a bit similar...obviously some displacements of key anomalies but I think we're heading into the direction of a warm month. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This March could very well yield a pattern similar to that of 2012...the way everything is structured now and how it seems to evolve is a bit similar...obviously some displacements of key anomalies but I think we're heading into the direction of a warm month. 

Why 2012, that was so highly anomalous,  why cant it be just an above normal month. Like calling for 2015 Feb every time is going to be BN. Silly

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why 2012, that was so highly anomalous,  why cant it be just an above normal month. Like calling for 2015 Feb every time is going to be BN. Silly

I get what you're saying...no real reason for using 2012. 

March too could easily come in cooler than average...or around average. Despite what we've seen with the AO this month we really weren't far off from getting a colder look with good snow chances this month so far

All we really needed was to poke some higher heights just a bit farther north into AK and the game would have been different

Composite Plot

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Gyx talking mixed on Tuesday, my zones show snow,  wpc shows high pressure to our north, and snow chances pretty good north of CON.  Not being talked about here because it is too optimistic given set up?  Or perhaps most precip with this is in Canada

Things are trending North,  still time but not a good look right now

9 hours ago, cleetussnow said:

Looking for a year around campground on the vast system so I can haul my equipment up and leave it all season.  This way when I want to go to Maine it’s on the way.  Anywhere VT will do.

I'm not sure about year round campgrounds personally but check out our winter traveler's guide  https://vtvast.org/flipbook/2019/TravelersGuide1920/index.html?page=1  This book tells you all the services available trailside in VT

Yeah. We finally get a good high to the north this time and the storm wants to go through Lake Huron. Useless. 

If the system was trying to track through BGM or SYR, it would probably be a warning SWFE. 

Still some time for it to trend more favorable, but it’s moving the wrong direction right now.