Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

4 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Plenty of time for what? You live in the NYC metro area lol. In 2 weeks, it’s March then you have until 3/15 to do something then nothing but a very anomalous event will get it done. We’ve been hearing “good signs” “pattern flip” “ blocking” “ridge In the west” “-AO/-NAO” “-EPO” “on the long range models” since the beginning of December

Dude you are a troll

We know you hate the cold

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What goes up must come down. End of Feb into Mar should be wintry. 

I hope so, I find it hard to believe I finish the season below 15 inches...then again, I wouldnt have thought a <920 mb system would be meandering around the north Atlantic. So who knows.

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I hope so, I find it hard to believe I finish the season below 15 inches...then again, I wouldnt have thought a <920 mb system would be meandering around the north Atlantic. So who knows.

How are the winds with that monster..I mean that’s Cat 5 Hurricane strength as far as pressure goes.

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

The odd thing about cold rain in London is that it feels right.  When I was in London and Manchester (my sister studied at U of Manchester for a while), it added to the vibe to have it like 48F with -RN.  It fits all your preconceived notions of what English life is, haha.  Like being in a movie, walking down a narrow cobblestone street and ducking into a small pub for a pint to get out of the rain.

When we were there in the summer of 2017, it was one of the warmest June’s in over 40 years. I swear we are the only family to go to the UK for vacation and come back with sun burns. The day we left London was 90+. We touched down in Iceland and it was misty and upper 40’s and it never felt so good.  

42 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

next year in March will be my first time in the UK, and all the talk is getting me excited. PDC premier league darts in Liverpool is on my bucket list

Liverpool is a pretty cool city, of course I am a fan of the football team and visiting Anfield was big on my list of things to do. York is cool to visit if you are interested in history, especially Vikings. London is awesome though. I’m not overly cosmopolitan but it is my favorite city    It is easy to explore and there is absolutely something for everyone. The museums alone can keep you occupied for weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

How are the winds with that monster..I mean that’s Cat 5 Hurricane strength as far as pressure goes.

I couldn't find anything specific, Iceland I saw winds were up to 100 MPH in gusts, Ireland less than that....Not sure what they are, at the peak, in the middle of the ocean.

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

England seems horrible for weather.... although I'm going to Wacken music festival in northern Germany in August.... doesn't look much better.  Good thing these places have lots of history and culture because the food and climate ain't drawing anybody lol. 

Germany is awesome wx-wise, and terrain.. though yeah pass on the UK