Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Anyways, I don't see a wholesale change really, but it's sort of the look where things could sneak in perhaps after next week. That's about all you can say. Some signs the pig weakens after next week. 

39 with fog/mist this morning after yesterday's rain and what looks to be mostly rain on Thursday. Then lows near zero Saturday morning, I think I have mentally checked out. I need some sun, everyone around town has the flu. Bring on Spring please...or  KU I guess

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

39 with fog/mist this morning after yesterday's rain and what looks to be mostly rain on Thursday. Then lows near zero Saturday morning, I think I have mentally checked out. I need some sun, everyone around town has the flu. Bring on Spring please...or  KU I guess

I’m just rolling along and hoping for something. These winters makes you realize that you need to appreciate the ones that deliver. Hold them and squeeze them tight. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m just rolling along and hoping for something. These winters makes you realize that you need to appreciate the ones that deliver. Hold them and squeeze them tight. 

Snowfall wise, this season reminds me of last year...very little snow in January/February, a true bookends season if somehow March delivers again this year.

8 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Snowfall wise, this season reminds me of last year...very little snow in January/February, a true bookends season if somehow March delivers again this year.

Last year was better for me up to this date. Despite a crappy Dec, we had some fun events in Jan, and a good mid Novie event. I know those north of the pike feel different, but just speaking locally.

7 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Yup. Generally warm and wet followed by a brief cold and dry spell. Several seasons like this and we should begin to bounce back the other direction. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Last year was better for me up to this date. Despite a crappy Dec, we had some fun events in Jan, and a good mid Novie event. I know those north of the pike feel different, but just speaking locally.

I had 8.4" combined between January and February last year, 4.3" so far this January/February, but actually had more in the Nov event (8") in 2018 than we did in Dec this season (4"), we got skunked down here for that one...I don't know, just feels like 2 ratter years in a row down here

The joke for like 6 straight winters was what will everyone do when the 80s return....

The numbers Will used to throw out about praying for even a 4-7” snowfall seemed hard to imagine when it seemed 12+ was a once a month occurrence.  

I still hold out hope you guys get smoked with a big storm, even if it’s rogue in a shitty pattern.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

I had 8.4" combined between January and February last year, 4.3" so far this January/February, but actually had more in the Nov event (8") in 2018 than we did in Dec this season (4"), we got skunked down here for that one...I don't know, just feels like 2 ratter years in a row down here

Yea, this year is worse than last around here and last year was bad even with the bookend storms of 8” Nov and 12” Mar. We’ve hit rock bottom hopefully...only one way to go from here.

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The joke for like 6 straight winters was what will everyone do when the 80s return....

The numbers Will used to throw out about praying for even a 4-7” snowfall seemed hard to imagine when it seemed 12+ was a once a month occurrence.  

I still hold out hope you guys get smoked with a big storm, even if it’s rogue in a shitty pattern.  

I remember it well.  A 4 inch snowstorm was like a HECS back then.    (hell, this year a 1 inch storm would be a HECS)  just days of gloom and light rain

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klw said:

Snowing lightly here-  big big winter incoming!

Just started dumping up here. Huge silver dollars like Pacific NW style snow. 

A quick inch already at the mountain in under an hour from these huge flakes.

Can't make this stuff up.  Some convergence zone right into the mountain.

102446201_WUNIDS_map(1).gif.86177f381eadede62a1e8df9ac6cc0c9.gif

StoweGondola.thumb.jpg.a5265e0c78c62549bcff5fd7704e8bc1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The death vortex loses it's grip at the end of the GEFS and GEPS..but We'll see how it looks by the end of month.  We can easily punt the rest of Feb down here

Lol All the long term ensemble guidance has been saying that type of BS all winter...I don't really believe it anymore.  The key words in your statement is "at the end,"  they've looked good at the end all winter lol.

I'll be heading back up North the beginning of March for one more sledding trip, so I really don't give a crap about here anymore this year.  I'd love a big one to at least give a decent ending to a Horrid/Ratter winter, but if not it's fine too. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It could be 5-6 years.  That’s a long time if you’re in your 70s...

I only started keeping records in 1985 but the longest I've gone with rat/BN snowfall years was 4 straight so hopefully we are not two years into a stretch like that.  Even then we'd squeak out a decent event/year every once and a while.

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol All the long term ensemble guidance has been saying that type of BS all winter...I don't really believe it anymore.  The key words in your statement is "at the end,"  they've looked good at the end all winter lol.

I'll be heading back up North the beginning of March for one more sledding trip, so I really don't give a crap about here anymore this year.  I'd love a big one to at least give a decent ending to a Horrid/Ratter winter, but if not it's fine too. 

Never said I believed it or anyone else needs to. But that's what they show. Jesus this place sucks

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Never said I believed it or anyone else needs to. But that's what they show. Jesus this place sucks

People just can’t take a statement at face value, for some reason, but I won’t Tippy this any further. 

Raindance has done very well this season so his two week March winter call is what we have to hang our hats on. 

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

People just can’t take a statement at face value, for some reason, but I won’t Tippy this any further. 

Raindance has done very well this season so his two week March winter call is what we have to hang our hats on. 

Except he had above normal snow for the season in yby and near normal to above in mine.  

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

All and all, I think he did good on getting it right for a long ranger.

Just now, dryslot said:

All and all, I think he did good on getting it right for a long ranger.

Yea, like you can’t be super exact. I know Ray likes to nail exact dates from 4 months out as to when a stray flurry lands on Scooters head but... one has to strive for perfection if they put that much time and energy into it. I get it.

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We both had a favorable first half of December and March, which has worked out, so far. Sucks that you missed out in December.