Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There are two ways to look at it. 1) aren't done, as in it will probably snow again  2) Not worth wasting time with a crap pattern.

I am option 2. There are really no good things at all going forward. I've moved on from the winter, it clearly just isn't working out..and not worth the time. For those who do...I salute you. You can convince me all you want until you turn blue in the face, but eventually....you stop fooling yourself in these types of winters. 

This . We have wasted so much time this winter. Why waste more 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The perennial solar min ends today ...  so it begins Kevin's favorite time of the year when sunny days warm the interior of cars almost immediately more noticeable. And if there were a snow pack the eat back factor kicks into higher gear. 

For me this is more symbolic of the beginning of transition season .. tho obviously seldom does the winter give up without a fight .. and some years the protracts deep into March. 

I was just thinking about this. With all the talk around here the last couple weeks you'd almost assume its April 10th. I'd love a mild March this year...have an old car to paint and assemble. Its just a hunch based on nothing but years of weather watching,  but I have a feeling winter ain't done yet 

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

But than NAM yo. :mapsnow:

lol.....yeah.

Several models do show some front end for SNE....GFS shows it too, but I'm selling for now south of Rt 2....at least selling anything more than an inch or two followed by cold rain. This is one of those systems too that could just keep bumping NW in the final 48h. There's nothing really stopping it.

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why bother saying the same thing over and over. It's like you want to convince yourself.  I would think you would banter and just stop trolling people in this or storm threads. If you think Its over then move on. 

What are you talking about, and what trolling? GGW.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Only took till the 9th day of February to pull off a negative departure day.

Mirror opposite of December, lol....took until Dec 9th to get a positive that month.

Maybe we'll get some unexpected cold and a pattern shift the final week to complete the mirror....Dec torched at the end of the month.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea winter has been downright awful but it’s just 2/10. Holy moly get a hold of yourselves or go find another hobby like doing laundry and folding clothes. Let people on here do what this place is for...track and hunt.

They can't help themselves. All those posts should be put in the panic room

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea winter has been downright awful but it’s just 2/10. Holy moly get a hold of yourselves or go find another hobby like doing laundry and folding clothes. Let people on here do what this place is for...track and hunt.

Nobody is stopping people from tracking and hunting . The pattern is garbage and it’s not changing as far as eye can see, so it seems those that are dependent on fantasy snows to keep their mood up despite reality...may want to dab into another hobby as well...the silver lining is this appears serviceable for Ski resorts...so could be uglier 

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He has a point about this crap belonging in the panic room, though...

Yup.  Full on melts daily at this point.  It’s like when you try to console a crying toddler and they scream louder :lol:.

Everyone is so salty, even Bobby I don’t care about snow is starting to lose it.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  Full on melts daily at this point.  It’s like when you try to console a crying toddler and they scream louder :lol:.

Says the guy balls deep in snow. Easy for you to think that. I tell it how it is and have been pretty good lately. For those who don't like to hear it, I'm sorry...but I don't control it.