Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, Isotherm said:

Concur. I am very satisfied as well. My index forecasts [+NAO,-PNA,+EPO,-PDO] and hemispheric pattern hit well, as well as the warmth and snow anomalies for much of the country. My primary flaw to date was not going warm enough. As you mentioned, hitting high magnitude anomalies from advanced leads is extremely difficult. I did see some signals for a record type warmth winter -- so my only regret will be not going even warmer. Snowfall wise, the anomalies are doing well, and again, it has actually been a bit less than even I anticipated. However, I do still see *potential* for amelioration toward the end of February and March, i.e., transition from hostile to mediocre. But we shall see.

Agree on everything. I think March is decent. And calling for extreme anonalies months in advance is tough...I hit in February 2018, but its a gamble...you have to be very confident.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree on everything. I think March is decent. And calling for extreme anonalies months in advance is tough...I hit in February 2018, but its a gamble...you have to be very confident.

Certainly -- agreed. It would remove some of the putative "bite" from minds regarding this winter, if we had at least one DCA-BOS snow event to track prior to season end.

1 hour ago, Isotherm said:

Certainly -- agreed. It would remove some of the putative "bite" from minds regarding this winter, if we had at least one DCA-BOS snow event to track prior to season end.

I still think we will...mid atl will probably get one event that provides the bulk of the seasonal allotment.

Man, RT 2 has definitely been the battle ground this year.   January was not great but it has been almost consistent snow cover on more than half the yard since Dec 2nd.  

I think the snow to sleet and ice storms have definitely helped with staying power.  I have 2-3” of cover that probably has over 1” of water in it.  Even though a lot of the snow was front end of winter it still has felt like a pretty long stretch of winter already.  

I can’t imagine my mood would be great if I had gone through what a lot of SNE posters here are going through.  Hopefully we all get one region wide cash in before spring!