Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’ll be out in a couple weeks. This reeks of a pseudo Morch 2012, even up there. Once past this coning week.. winter ends south to north

I hope you’re right, but we have almost 10” of glacier otg that is going nowhere fast. We really don’t get torchy here until past mud season so we definitely need a 2010 or 2012 if I’m to get legit warmth in March.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I hope you’re right, but we have almost 10” of glacier otg that is going nowhere fast. We really don’t get torchy here until past mud season so we definitely need a 2010 or 2012 if I’m to get legit warmth in March.

No snow in ECT so it’s March 12, you know his drill

D9096F94-8865-4708-91CF-37BCDDD66553.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have seen much worse at this time of year.

download (14).png

Some of that is probably tied into that d5 threat. 

But yeah, it’s not a 100% disaster like a few other years but it’s pretty ugly. There’s probably some pretty big variance. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No snow in ECT so it’s March 12, you know his drill

D9096F94-8865-4708-91CF-37BCDDD66553.png

Same thing happened that year . How easily you forget you posting about the annual Maine trip beginning in Feb about how it would be cold and snowy. Instead it was 80 and you skied in shorts. I suspect we will revisit your post in Morch 

2 hours ago, 78Blizzard said:

That was in the northern area. Whenever a new warm record shows up, the global warming crowd is quick to blame so-called "climate change", but when a new cold record takes place or record snow, they say it's just weather, lol.

just look at the chart of global temperature change from NASA so I can be clear about what is actually happening, and not get caught up in this sort of pointless back and forth.  You should check it out.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah, climate change is a hoax... it's amazing how that 150 years of empirical evidence has been faked.   I don't understand why humanity can't just accept the dark society's gag reels of landing on the moon, dinosaurs, and climate change - yet they keep getting sucked into the conspiracy to fake science.  Unreal -

What is amazing is how that 150 years is dispositive over millions of years of history, lol.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

What is amazing is how that 150 years is dispositive over millions of years of history, lol.

Sure climate has changed over millions of years. The rate of increase is the problem. You know, scientists can measure the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from millions of years ago and compare to temps, ice ages, etc. the warming usually occurs over thousands of years, not 50 years. The rate is alarming, nobody says it wasn’t warmer in the past. Your are employing what is known as a straw man argument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Same thing happened that year . How easily you forget you posting about the annual Maine trip beginning in Feb about how it would be cold and snowy. Instead it was 80 and you skied in shorts. I suspect we will revisit your post in Morch 

There was a major snow storm the week before my trip in Maine. If you bothered to look Feb 8th 2012 snow cover doesn't come close to this year. If you remember last Feb you called for March 12, it's there for you to revisit 

15 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Sure climate has changed over millions of years. The rate of increase is the problem. You know, scientists can measure the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from millions of years ago and compare to temps, ice ages, etc. the warming usually occurs over thousands of years, not 50 years. The rate is alarming, nobody says it wasn’t warmer in the past. Your are employing what is known as a straw man argument.

Thanks for making my point.  Most of the alarmists say it's man-made, yet we humans weren't around to cause much of anything thousands of years ago. 

This entire movement has become a political thing and not one about science, and I'm not going to prolong this discussion here.  I'm done.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Thanks for making my point.  Most of the alarmists say it's man-made, yet we humans weren't around to cause much of anything thousands of years ago. 

This entire movement has become a political thing and not one about science, and I'm not going to prolong this discussion here.  I'm done.

Definitely did not prove your point, which is compete gibberish. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1