Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ve always said a winter with a pig in the means is usually a ratter. I never said no chance for snow though. There’s a difference. We get snowstorms in garbage winters too...it’s just harder to get them. 

If the EPS is right, we’d have to get very lucky though in the next 2 weeks to get something. It’s possible they aren’t right though....esp in the longer range where ensembles have had trouble all winter. 

I have seen much worse at this time of year.

download (14).png

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I have seen much worse at this time of year.

download (14).png

Really? A 5 inch mean in Boston by day 15 in the heart of winter isn’t that great. Even worst down here. Keep in mind the eps snow mean has been 8-10 for orh every run since December. 

Looks great for NNE but that is a pattern the next two weeks that favors them.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Let's hit 80 again this February.. already got a great start with bare ground.

Why not it was already 70 in January…

Is there any doubt that can be done in February when there’s that much more sun/solar flux… Particularly since going back last five years and three of those years either February or March had temperatures in the 80s… Almost seems like it’s relatively doable anyway

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Big time. Oink oink. 

Black hole up in the arctic. No above average heights there this winter like has been so common recently. This is definitely an early 1990s look. 

May not be what folks want around here in terms of what that could mean to us in our pattern and storms and all that stuff true but… It’s not a bad thing for the Arctic region because positive AO all winter means they are developing better pack ice

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

May not be what folks want around here in terms of what that could mean to us in our pattern and storms and all that stuff true but… It’s not a bad thing for the Arctic region because positive AO all winter means they are developing better pack ice

Weirdly-it could be positive in slowing warming at least in the NHEM.

39 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Really? A 5 inch mean in Boston by day 15 in the heart of winter isn’t that great. Even worst down here. Keep in mind the eps snow mean has been 8-10 for orh every run since December. 

Looks great for NNE but that is a pattern the next two weeks that favors them.

See Feb 18

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So it’s wrong when it’s cold but right when it’s warm, got it. It won’t  change, got it, no snow rest of the year, got it.

Show me where I said this.

Warmth has a proven track record over the last 7 weeks and looks to continue for another 10-14 minimum.  You do what you do looking for day 5 and beyond faux SNE snow threats and I’ll continue to enjoy this wonderful stretch of warm weather and point out how models have failed time and time beyond a couple days.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So it’s wrong when it’s cold but right when it’s warm, got it. It won’t  change, got it, no snow rest of the year, got it.

I look at it like cutters. It doesn't matter if it cuts to BTV or cuts to ORD, it's still crap for most of New England. Likewise the pattern doesn't matter if it's +5 or +10, it's still likely crap. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Show me where I said this.

Warmth has a proven track record over the last 7 weeks and looks to continue for another 10-14 minimum.  You do what you do looking for day 5 and beyond faux SNE snow threats and I’ll continue to enjoy this wonderful stretch of warm weather and point out how models have failed time and time beyond a couple days.

Didn’t break freezing here today, low teens, some warmth. But it sounds good.