Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd rate '15-'16 worse here too over interior MA...but once you were near the coast and then down in CT, it was much better than this year...southern CT got a decent hit from the Jan '16 blizzard....and those coastal areas did not really cash in on the Dec 1-3, 2019 storm earlier this winter.

Agree...so far.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

13-14 Reading COOP

Dec  17.2"

Jan 16.4"

Feb 33.1"

Ray: "I'll take this season over that season"    :wacko:

Well, maybe I'm biased bc there were no huge events and my dad died...I know March 2014 was a big dissapointment, aside from dad passing on the 5th...I remember just after that trying to escape that by tracking a huge blizzard that narrowly whiffed.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, maybe I'm biased bc there were no huge events and my dad died...I know March 2014 was a big dissapointment, aside from dad passing on the 5th...I remember just after that trying to escape that bu tracking a hige blizzard that narrowly whiffed.

Obviously personal things can factor in, so I understand. March was a dud for sure. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Obviously personal things can factor in, so I understand. March was a dud for sure. 

Mar '14 was horrible....had like 4 inches of snow the whole month but it was like -6F or -7F....lol. I think it was the coldest March since 1960.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

11-12 was bone dry-40's every day with barely even a rain event and then the super torch in March with a few days in the 70's to near 80.  This year is basically a wetter version of that year with the same well above normal temps

11/12 had higher snowfall than this year due to the October snow and January snowstorm. However it was warmer than this year.

10 minutes ago, Minenfeld! said:

Was that the storm that was supposed to hit on a Monday or so and was dumping like 16"+ until it went south at the last minute?

There were a couple misses actually....one biggie hit CNE/NNE and narrowly missed us...I think that was on 3/12-13/14 and then there was another that destroyed the cape on 3/26/14....I think the outer cape had a legit blizzard with snow up to a foot and we got absolutely nothing. There was a sharp cutoff too...not sure there was anything at all west of the canal.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There were a couple misses actually....one biggie hit CNE/NNE and narrowly missed us...I think that was on 3/12-13/14 and then there was another that destroyed the cape on 3/26/14....I think the outer cape had a legit blizzard with snow up to a foot and we got absolutely nothing. There was a sharp cutoff too...not sure there was anything at all west of the canal.

Oh man, I remember that one that hit the cape now. We were watching it on the news at work. I remember looking at the NWS map and seeing just the cape with a blizzard warning.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Missing that bomb in late March hurt. That would have been a powder blizzard for all. I think Hyannis gusted to near 70. 

Yeah left a bad taste in what was otherwise a pretty nice winter.

We also whiffed an opportunity on St PAtty's day that year....looked really goo like 3-4 days out and then got squashed...I think DC and BWI got snow out of it.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah left a bad taste in what was otherwise a pretty nice winter.

We also whiffed an opportunity on St PAtty's day that year....looked really goo like 3-4 days out and then got squashed...I think DC and BWI got snow out of it.

That's right, we did. Ugh. 

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol at the icon around hour 160. You’d think we were setting up to get smoked and the precip just hits a virtual wall at the Connecticut border. Classic winter 19-20

I was about to mention that "storm" showing up with the perfect timing. We are all in full melt at the moment, minus those in NNE. That storm is going to pummel the Mid Atlantic, leaving us high and try with the perfectly timed streak....:cliff:

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol at the icon around hour 160. You’d think we were setting up to get smoked and the precip just hits a virtual wall at the Connecticut border. Classic winter 19-20

Of course it isn't going to play out exactly as is shown.  Maybe you get the bump NW like this current storm did.  Chin up, don't be a whiny puss

• Haha 1