Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t think anyone is still in. If you are , get out. It’s a waste of time, causes stress and anger that you don’t need 

We’ll see you back in on the next threat. It might take you longer to get sucked in, but you’ll be in. No question about it. You can’t leave. 

• Like 6

GEFS looses the EPO and warms us all in LR. A win in my book.

GEPS actually gives SNE a good look with more troughing in the East in LR. A win in my book

Do not see the EPS past 10. No idea which camp it goes in. 

There must be at least ONE more snow event in SNE this winter. Maybe March with a bowling ball? If not I hope it torches.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The end of the GEFS the past 2 runs have been a full on PAC puke pattern, at this point hopefully it's right, I would assume that would put an end to winter if that was the case?

All of the LR ensemble runs have been garbage. Im actually more optimistic that they're showing garbage in the long run.

March isn't gonna torch though as much as some wish it did. This is a repeating pattern with cold Nov/March and warm to record breaking Jan/Feb. 

• Weenie 1

Unfortunately, the "Colorado Low" track pattern we have been in so far also known also as Miller "C" storms or Hybrid Lows as some may call them,  are not the best pattern for New England in general. Even as far north as past Concord, NH it has been a benign winter so far. Unless you get the Colorado Lows tracking like December 22-23 1975, what you see is what you get. The highs are way too transient this season to allow any storms to stay underneath us for good solid snows. So again, all I can say is " It is what it is." <_<

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey,, it’s great the resorts and trails up north are getting snow, they need it, but let’s be honest..seeing Jspin and Freak banging the Morse code out on each other’s ski poles to maneuver thru the snow and Dryslot and Winterwolf in Fort Kent stuck in two feet of snow and losing their bibs riding the sleds back to base camp pantless jousting their swords like a Star Wars scene isn’t exactly what snowless in SNE wants to see 

Lawn thread 2020 upcoming?

Postel capitulated that this pattern will likely keep its firm hold through the remaining weeks of winter.

Don't wanna buy it but....we are running out of time to use. Not even one good 12" snow will fix this winter's problem but it will give something to remember. Would rather not the 40 hour slop fest from December 1-3 be the one thing this winter is remembered for..

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. The black hole Greenland nuke is the pattern changer. Just in time for cool and damp Mar-May.

We have joked about that for weeks knowing that it could become a reality.   Just be glad you live inland, because you might salvage some nice Spring days while people in the CP drain the pharmacies of anti-depressants. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

it's tempting to join the dark side, isn't it?

It's ticking down to the end of winter's third quarter and the Coldinistas are down big. They're looking for Tom Brrrrrr-ady and James "Snow" White to walk through the door, but the pattern doesn't favor it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 3

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Isnt that from the gefs ?

All models are subjective no matter what they output.  All we can do is observe the results and take all the models into consideration to find if there is a correlation to what is being favored vs why is it going to be with what the pattern is going to be.  So it is still data to be considered.  It is about the four W's in the A+B which does not equal C in deductive reasoning all the time.  We do get surprises afterall out of weather and they are not always good ones, and each can run concurrently long term good, and long term lousy and robust winter and snow busts.  From the observational point of view on the east coast we have had 2-3 years of bad teleconnections in a western QBO which is being played out rate now.  That QBO onto itself has not transitioned to the east just yet.  So that is Wait and See so that we may Discover of what the next pattern maybe the next Great White Hope of Snow for those who are ideologically possessed as Snow Weenies.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll hedge it snaps back to give us a snowstorm or two before spring misery ensues. 

I mean, we have scored snow in patterns that we should have not gotten snow in...Those ratter years of past seemed to have a lack of precip or were just so warm with absolultely no cold nearby that we knew that nothing was coming. I just can't see how we don't get "lucky" with some transient block or well timed shortwave. I guess I am looking at things from the glass half full perspective today...

That whole joke about “she’s not gonna let us out,” is true though. As much as this winter has frustrated the heck out of me, there’s no sign of any so-called pattern change to a torch. So it’s either going to continue to tease the hell out of us, or eventually something breaks right.

• Like 1