Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hey,, it’s great the resorts and trails up north are getting snow, they need it, but let’s be honest..seeing Jspin and Freak banging the Morse code out on each other’s ski poles to maneuver thru the snow and Dryslot and Winterwolf in Fort Kent stuck in two feet of snow and losing their bibs riding the sleds back to base camp pantless jousting their swords like a Star Wars scene isn’t exactly what snowless in SNE wants to see 

I get it man. I really do. My other half can't understand why I'm disappointed that we've had a shit winter thus far.  No one understands except for us weather geeks..lol. Keep looking ahead man. Somehow someway, we'll make up for this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I get it man. I really do. My other half can't understand why I'm disappointed that we've had a shit winter thus far.  No one understands except for us weather geeks..lol. Keep looking ahead man. Somehow someway, we'll make up for this.

I think now is when we’re making up-we’ve had some great winters.  Maybe this will go out with a huge bang ala the sub of par winter of 1959-60 until we caught some magic.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Last two weeks of Feb and first week of March look better for colder temps and chances at snow.  Best its looked in a few weeks...

It is always 10 days away but we do have a chance  with the epo going negative. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Last two weeks of Feb and first week of March look better for colder temps and chances at snow.  Best its looked in a few weeks...

The pattern looks awful, -PNA/RNA, full latitude trough dumped into the west, super strong SPV, +NAO, +AO, SE ridge. Ugly as it gets

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Getting close to the time where you just have to call a spade a spade. Looks like dog shit for the next couple of weeks anyway.... and then we are knocking on the door of March 

It's the same look going forward. 3 years of -PNA. Making up for lost ground out west. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's the same look going forward. 3 years of -PNA. Making up for lost ground out west. 

Yeah... it’s a shit look, no spin needed.

Im actually almost glad we missed out on slop today. I’m so sick of a cruddy inch here and there over to glop. Sell that hard at this point in the winter.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Most forecasts had normal to slightly below snow this winter.  No one had full on ratter.

That rogue storm the first day in December is probably saving this from being an all time rat.

There has literally been almost no snow in parts of SNE since that event. 9 weeks of winter, next to nothing. Taking out that event, I’m not even sure I’ve scrapped together double digits here. 

17 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Looks like room for scooter highs to slip into Ontario and QuebecLooks like room for scooter highs to slip into Ontario and Quebec

For NNE yes. SNE is pretty much skunked because even if a magical scooter high appears for a particular event...the seasonal trend of amping a shortwave while shoving out the high quickly will continue. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

For NNE yes. SNE is pretty much skunked because even if a magical scooter high appears for a particular event...the seasonal trend of amping a shortwave while shoving out the high quickly will continue. 

She’s not gonna let us out. 

Several more systems of getting sucked in because that is the way the pattern is going to be. Almost better to have a pig in AK because at least you don’t get teased as often. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

She’s not gonna let us out. 

Several more systems of getting sucked in because that is the way the pattern is going to be. Almost better to have a pig in AK because at least you don’t get teased as often. 

I don’t think anyone is still in. If you are , get out. It’s a waste of time, causes stress and anger that you don’t need