• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Euro has been depicting some possible snow showers with a piece of UL energy dropping in behind the initial cold front on late Thursday. I mentioned it in this thread yesterday. Looks a bit more impressive on today's run. Something to keep an eye on. Loseto6 and I were discussing it in the other thread. Not sure where it belongs, if it even ends up becoming a thing.

1582254000-b16Tcv5LfKA.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Euro has been depicting some possible snow showers with a piece of UL energy dropping in behind the initial cold front on late Thursday. I mentioned it in this thread yesterday. Looks a bit more impressive on today's run. Something to keep an eye on. Loseto6 and I were discussing it in the other thread. Not sure where it belongs, if it even ends up becoming a thing.

Wow I’ll enjoy my .01 of flurries and like it 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro quicker ejecting the S. Cal bowling ball this run . If we could get that ns  to dive in more south and setup some better confluence we could have a shot at something wintery .

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-2524000.png

My guess is that's an error and  the GFS/CMC are correct. Could be a decent tornado outbreak along the gulf coast if it does verify.

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

Saw that.  In fairness to him though, has admitted the WB temp forecast for winter was wrong..

Yea so he immediately moved on to the next ridiculous BS nonsense that he knows has next to no chance to verify.  You would think he would at least try to tone it down for 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If a dusting of snow is "more impressive" I would hate to have seen previous runs.

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

My spring forecast is days and days of overcast, temps upper 40s to 50s, and rain. So much rain. NAO will be very negative during this time. Enjoy!

Oh and wind. Can't forget wind. It will blow non-stop from the north.

It will be salt in the wounds if we got the pattern we needed too late...but the fear spring gets ruined by a -NAO is always overblown. A -NAO can certainly make March chilly but by the time we get to April there is no way we’re getting more than a rare day or two that’s actually cold. It won’t rain everyday...and when it’s Sunny it’s almost guaranteed to at least be ~50 degrees.  It will just delay summer like temps until May/June instead of years where we jump right to upper 70s and 80s in April. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He has a script and will stick to it regardless 

We realize you have  to personalize a response when no one spoke to you directly.

Reminds me of the Pied Piper JoeB or WxRisk  days where those guys felt omnipotent 

my script is the factual outcomes while you chase 15+ day fantasy pattern changes 

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS  continues to show pattern changes toward end of February/ early March. No strong signals for any snow yet.

04B6BFB7-2D76-40FE-8817-19B7C6E5DCCB.png

6E0F88EB-C96C-439E-AF98-15FD448930BE.png

Blocking looks transient.  That means the cold shot will be also. Doesn't even look like much of it gets into the NAO or AO domain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

Blocking looks transient.  That means the cold shot will be also. Doesn't even look like much of it gets into the NAO or AO domain.

It will be transient. We’re just looking for a shot. We probably only get one chance. The first system to eject from the west behind the likely cutter will be the only real chance. After it probably breaks down again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amped said:

There wont be any blocking this winter. Full stop. Any cold will absolutely be transient. This is about a temporary relaxation of the ++AO combined with a slightly better PAC, and needle threading. That's it. We got nothing else, but Spring.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

We realize you have  to personalize a response when no one spoke to you directly.

Reminds me of the Pied Piper JoeB or WxRisk  days where those guys felt omnipotent 

my script is the factual outcomes while you chase 15+ day fantasy pattern changes 

factual outcomes takes zero skill.  it's a weather board.  forecasts are made.  forecasts fail.  you, like everyone else, relies on computer models to an extent, and your theory that models haven't improved was already debunked by meteorologists who do this for a living.

9 minutes ago, Amped said:

GFS is not damping out the day 5 shortwave as much this run. Maybe closer to a storm.

It’s been making a subtle comeback today.  Enough that I’m mildly slightly interested in keeping one eye kinda sorta on it maybe. It’s likely going to trend to where we just need one more slight improvement then collapse into total fail. Ask Ji how that works.   

22 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Why don’t you complain a little more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s been making a subtle comeback today.  Enough that I’m mildly slightly interested in keeping one eye kinda sorta on it maybe. It’s likely going to trend to where we just need one more slight improvement then collapse into total fail. Ask Ji how that works.   

Seems to be the trend this year  Snow doesn't want to come anywhere near the MA. We can't even get a close call this year.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic