Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

GFS caved to northern solution. Go figure

i think it's gonna be entirely up to the northern stream and how much/how fast the cold infiltrates this area, if at all.  the boundary seems pretty close, so this could fluctuate a bit over the next couple days.

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

remember the old days where on the way to screwing us...the gfs would do it incrementally....from suppressed to big hit to warm and rain. Now it skips the middle part so we don't even get to see digital blue

Yes.  And there is nothing to argue anything but warm and rain at h5.  It’s not like it’s off it’s rocker or anything.  If you were putting money on the outcome you’d bet rain and warm.  

36 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And quite frankly I have to wonder if it might be going come next run...A jump like that ain't a cave. That's a "I don't know what the heck is gonna happen" jump...lol

Well, I only read what @Bob Chill mentioned about the 12Z GEFS ensembles, that they basically ran the gamut of possible outcomes with no consensus (good hits, rain, suppressed/nothing).  So not overly surprising that a deterministic op run would now show us getting rain whereas before it was suppressed.  So yeah, basically, the model saying "Who the F knows?"  Can a model drop the F bomb?? :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, I only read what @Bob Chill mentioned about the 12Z GEFS ensembles, that they basically ran the gamut of possible outcomes with no consensus (good hits, rain, suppressed/nothing).  So not overly surprising that a deterministic op run would now show us getting rain whereas before it was suppressed.  So yeah, basically, the model saying "Who the F knows?"  Can a model drop the F bomb?? :lol:

If F stand for frontogenesis...then yes! :D

• Haha 1

We need to see that NS energy in front of the SW energy as seen below to have a chance. If we see it running behind, such as the second map (18z), we will see the low cut. Really wouldn't concern myself with the latest run because more then likely we will see those features flip flop around over the next few days. 

ahead.gif.5826408e8604661c6ba02346b119d5ca.gif

behind.gif.a5a6516c7350f4beea97d0875b8260b1.gif

1 hour ago, Ji said:

remember the old days where on the way to screwing us...the gfs would do it incrementally....from suppressed to big hit to warm and rain. Now it skips the middle part so we don't even get to see digital blue

Just wait until I come back.  President's day week, we are going to get clocked. 

10 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

ETA:  Had I done some of the data analysis I did a few weeks ago wrt the solar cycle and QBO...I probably would not have been as bullish (wrong) about this winter.  Live and learn.  I will not make that mistake again.  

Very insightful and totally agree.  I plan to read and do some learning during the summer regarding the drivers that Tom follows. I believe you said you might do so as well.

During the later part of 2020 we will have a firmly established - QBO at all levels, if not sooner . Looking forward to seeing some better results in the NAO domain during the next couple years.    

If you want another area/topic to read then this one sounds interesting  from Anthony . I imagine we really need to focus once again on the IO. 

and this  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic