Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I can say emphatically that I have seen on numerous occasions bare pavement and nothing on Capital Hill in DC and several inches in the nearby suburbs outside the Beltway with the same storm.  If it snows an inch outside the Beltway as depicted I am skeptical the inside the Beltway crowd see anything.

That’s the trade off for living in civilization. Thems the breaks.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

18z Euro crushes the DC south and sw burbs with rain . Its showing 4 to 4.5 " in several spots and that's only thru Fri 12z . Wish it was snow lol 

Edit ...actually lollies of 5.5 inches 

Yeah, been following that a bit. Thinking river flooding (in addition to flash flooding) may become an issue later this week. It’s not winter weather but at least it’s boring weather. 5 inches of rain in some places in about 36-48 hours or so according to EURO

• Like 1

I actually believe the weeklies might be correct based on the current  background state we are in. 

We all know beyond week two it is speculation, but hey why not, what is really going to change to turn the lower latitudes cold and snowy in the East.  Nothing I can think of. Maybe a fluke March event. Losing confidence that even March delivers a decent period.   

10 minutes ago, frd said:

I actually believe the weeklies might be correct based on the current  background state we are in. 

We all know beyond week two it is speculation, but hey why not, what is really going to change to turn the lower latitudes cold and snowy in the East.  Nothing I can think of. Maybe a fluke March event. Losing confidence that even March delivers a decent period.   

We have a panic room. You sound like the perfect candidate.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We have a panic room. You sound like the perfect candidate.

Sorry my post is not a positive one,  but it still belongs in the long range.  You have an issue no doubt, learn to accept the good and the bad.  Or not,  at least have some common  courtesy. 

Just now, frd said:

Sorry my post is not a positive one,  but it still belongs in the long range.  You have an issue no doubt, learn to accept the good and the bad.  Or not,  at least have some common  courtesy. 

LOL, maybe you should learn to recognize a joke.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Gfs again looks better at 5H for next Sunday...but surface temps are terrible.  

I have a hard time believing it being rain when a 1030+ cold hp is nosing down the 2 days before. It hits at night and the mids appear fine. Haven't looked at 800mb temp yet. This looks like bread and butter small event more than rain with the vort pass and slp track. If that stays the same things will look better over the coming days 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic