• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Observations.

FLweather

Here is the seasonal snowfall map through yesterday/today, from NOAA. If accurate, there has been more snowfall than I expected, especially in the Northeast and Great lakes region. I didn't think they had done nearly that well this year. In any case, it looks pretty accurate for the SE region. 

sfav2_CONUS_2019093012_to_2020020912.png

BTW Poor CAE! (Especially 17/18 and 15/16)

sfav2_CONUS_2018093012_to_2019020912.png

sfav2_CONUS_2017093012_to_2018020912.png

sfav2_CONUS_2016093012_to_2017020912.png

sfav2_CONUS_2015093012_to_2016020912.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, GSP has the forecast low for Pickens County airport as 35 tonight, but its already down to 31 with "mist and fog" reported. I'm down to 32 and there are still wet roads in the neighborhood.  Gotta think black ice could be a significant issue in the morning,  especially for some back roads in parts of Oconee and Pickens, and much of NGA,  WNC.  No advisories?

I know this board is more geared towards the Carolinas but I'm not sure I've ever seen the WPC issue a high risk for excessive rainfall in N GA or for such a large area extending from Central MS to NW/NC GA. I'm up to .63" at my location (today and for the event so far) and forecasts are calling for 3-4" here just through tomorrow evening with more on the way especially thursday. I'm already at 6.71" for the month and 14.28" for the year. Wow at the rain to start this year here.

5 minutes ago, ATLMet84 said:

I know this board is more geared towards the Carolinas but I'm not sure I've ever seen the WPC issue a high risk for excessive rainfall in N GA or for such a large area extending from Central MS to NW/NC GA. I'm up to .63" at my location (today and for the event so far) and forecasts are calling for 3-4" here just through tomorrow evening with more on the way especially thursday. I'm already at 6.71" for the month and 14.28" for the year. Wow at the rain to start this year here.

There are a lot of ga posters too (we just don’t usually get to post about exciting we as much since until recently we weren’t having anything to post about lol).  It’s pouring here snd 43 and the water is already filling up in the ditches. This has been some wild weather the last week or so. 

13 minutes ago, NEGa said:

There are a lot of ga posters too (we just don’t usually get to post about exciting we as much since until recently we weren’t having anything to post about lol).  It’s pouring here snd 43 and the water is already filling up in the ditches. This has been some wild weather the last week or so. 

Yeah man. I'll take this rain over a drought ANYDAY. The slug of moisture to our west is crazy. I wonder if I'll make 10"+ just for the month before it's even the 15th of the month!

6 hours ago, ATLMet84 said:

Yeah man. I'll take this rain over a drought ANYDAY. The slug of moisture to our west is crazy. I wonder if I'll make 10"+ just for the month before it's even the 15th of the month!

Me too lol. I would rather have any amount of rain over another drought. 

2.5 since yesterday so far & raining hard again... between 10-11 inches of rain, tornado warnings close by, gale force winds and 4 inches of snow since last thursday...Don't think the weather has changed one bit in the last 20 years has it??? :axe: Got the feeling the severe weather season will be working overtime this year....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solak said:

.02" overnight. Looking like a dryer afternoon than expected, based on current radar trends, until the front gets closer later in the day.

We picked up 0.18" this morning total up in my part of the county. Been watching the rain evaporate for the last 2 days on the models for central NC. Originally looked like 1.5-2 in now looks like 0.25 (if even) with a thin line of showers or storms being the only addition to what fell this AM. Oh well, we did just pick up almost 4 inches of rain Thursday!

2 hours ago, NorthernUpstateSC said:

2.5 since yesterday so far & raining hard again... between 10-11 inches of rain, tornado warnings close by, gale force winds and 4 inches of snow since last thursday...Don't think the weather has changed one bit in the last 20 years has it??? :axe: Got the feeling the severe weather season will be working overtime this year....

Can't complain about boring weather in your neck of the woods