Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This was just north of your point in the northern Tug. Lowville/Redfield are going to get smashed. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-75.77064514160156&lat=43.800836406012195#.XlcTNqjYouU

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Holy crap... Morsell!  I thought the MSU game would be the best comeback of the year... omg these guys

What in the world? Ya know, something told me they were gonna come back...lol (but I turned it off because I had to do a couple things!). Just watched the highlights...that was truly clutch! Could this team finally be the one that can make a deep run?...

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

This was just north of your point in the northern Tug. Lowville/Redfield are going to get smashed. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-75.77064514160156&lat=43.800836406012195#.XlcTNqjYouU

I'm not picky, I'd settle for either lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sparky said:

Was I-795 finished when you moved up Carroll County way?

9 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes . I believe so

8 hours ago, HighStakes said:

I-795 was opened in 1986 I believe. The same tear the Owings Mills mall opened.

The section from the beltway up to Owings Mills was completed in 85. I christened it the first week with a speeding ticket. Doing 75-80 mph when the speed limit was still 55. :lol: Lucked out, the cop only gave me a ticket for under 65 mph. The remaining section up to Reisterstown was finished in 87. Also in 87 we saw the OM subway completed as well. The OM Mall was completed a year earlier in 86. 795 in its earlier planning stages 60/70s was originally supposed to run all the way to Hanover. But as you can see it never progressed that far with the Hampstead bypass being the only concession towards that more northern route.

Moved to OM in 75/76 and that area was nothing but corn fields, woods and cows. The transformation was astounding when 795, the subway and the Mall went in. Unbelievable amount of deforestation, grading, roads being rerouted or completely taken off the maps. The transformation within the communities was also tremendous as the area went from a somewhat sleepy rural area to a rapidly growing community as construction, housing etc... boomed. Of course with that congestion, crime, rent, real estate values, business ect... also boomed as well. Guess you could call me an old fogy but I miss the days before we saw all the expansion. I drive down through there now and I just do not recognize the place anymore and really haven't for 25-30 years now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Holy crap... Morsell!  I thought the MSU game would be the best comeback of the year... omg these guys

Went to bed at halftime. Missed the great comeback. Its amazing how many comebacks theyve had this year when they have been down at halftime. 

This team definitely has a never give up mentality.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

This is WxWatcher007 reporting live from Pulaski, NY :)  

We are under a Blizzard Warning for wind gusts up to 60mph and 18-24" of powder. The Tug is poised to get obliterated with 3-4' of snow. Hotel options are limited out here, so I'm almost certainly out of the max snow zone. One of these days I'll have the time to do a Redfield chase. Still expecting a great event here. Let's rip :weenie:

Special Weather Statement

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
826 AM EST Thu Feb 27 2020

NYZ006>008-271530-
Oswego-Jefferson-Lewis-
Including the cities of Oswego, Watertown, and Lowville
826 AM EST Thu Feb 27 2020

...RAPID ONSET OF BLIZZARD CONDITIONS THIS MORNING...

Periods of heavy snow will continue this morning east of Lake
Ontario. Winds will rapidly increase and temperatures will drop
through mid to late morning, resulting in the development of
severe blowing and drifting snow and near zero visibility.

Travel conditions will continue to deteriorate across the eastern
Lake Ontario region. If you must travel, be prepared for severe
winter driving conditions with near zero visibility and deep snow
cover on roads.

Awesome dude! Enjoy your break from the reaping, you deserve it! :D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Went to bed at halftime. Missed the great comeback. Its amazing how many comebacks theyve had this year when they have been down at halftime. 

This team definitely has a never give up mentality.

One thing I'm certain of going forward (especially in the big 10 and NCCA tourneys)... Any and all opposing teams will try to get Smith into foul trouble as quickly as possible. lol. 

It was a great comeback and amazing to watch but lets be honest here... MN never ever should have been up 17 like they were to begin with. Let any tourney level team get a lead like that and good luck coming back. At the end of the day a win is a win. Every game is played in isolation. I would really like to see MD win the big 10 tourney but man there's a lot of talent in the conf this year. If they lose it will likely be at the hands of a very good team. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

One thing I'm certain of going forward (especially in the big 10 and NCCA tourneys)... Any and all opposing teams will try to get Smith into foul trouble as quickly as possible. lol. 

It was a great comeback and amazing to watch but lets be honest here... MN never ever should have been up 17 like they were to begin with. Let any tourney level team get a lead like that and good luck coming back. At the end of the day a win is a win. Every game is played in isolation. I would really like to see MD win the big 10 tourney but man there's a lot of talent in the conf this year. If they lose it will likely be at the hands of a very good team. 

The problem with MD imo is they have no depth. If stix gets in foul trouble, its forget about it. I detest recruiting fellas like Chol Mariol who is literally just a body, he offers no value. Reminds me of a black Will Bowers lol. But MD has 6 guys who contribute. Outside of that, none of the other bench players have a single thing to offer. i think thats going to burn them in tournament style play.

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

The problem with MD imo is they have no depth. If stix gets in foul trouble, its forget about it. I detest recruiting fellas like Chol Mariol who is literally just a body, he offers no value. Reminds me of a black Will Bowers lol. But MD has 6 guys who contribute. Outside of that, none of the other bench players have a single thing to offer. i think thats going to burn them in tournament style play.

Agree. Lack of depth is a problem for sure. While the Mitchell twins didn't scorch the earth or do much in general during their short stint, losing 2 big strong players like that really thinned them out. Terps have shooters to make up for it but what do you do when you end up in a low scoring very physical game? More than one of those games will be no doubt in their way during the tourney. If the shooters don't light it up it becomes very hard to win.

The big ? with Mariol is can he actually stay healthy? The shin problems are genetic and likely continue to cause issues throughout his career. I'm not a doctor and I may be totally wrong there but I've seen it before. 

Even with all the concerns you have to admit this is a VERY tenacious, fast, and talented team that plays really well together. Some of their offensive sets are brilliant. Great dunking team too. Not really a skill category but damn I love me some college jams. haha

7 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

On Tuesday I fly to Anaheim for the week...it's my first long flight since my back surgery...should I be worried more about my back or some runny nose and cough sitting in my general vicinity? Gahhhhh….

When I flew to vegas last fall I had to stand every chance I got as my stupid sciatic nerve decided to drink coffee. Felt like a big dummy standing in my aisle seat but hey, the alternative is worse. Every single steward and stewardess asked me if I was ok when they walked by me and I just said standing is awesome, sitting is the problem. lol

I feel for ya man. Hope things go smooth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Agree. Lack of depth is a problem for sure. While the Mitchell twins didn't scorch the earth or do much in general during their short stint, losing 2 big strong players like that really thinned them out. Terps have shooters to make up for it but what do you do when you end up in a low scoring very physical game? More than one of those games will be no doubt in their way during the tourney. If the shooters don't light it up it becomes very hard to win.

The big ? with Mariol is can he actually stay healthy? The shin problems are genetic and likely continue to cause issues throughout his career. I'm not a doctor and I may be totally wrong there but I've seen it before. 

Even with all the concerns you have to admit this is a VERY tenacious, fast, and talented team that plays really well together. Some of their offensive sets are brilliant. Great dunking team too. Not really a skill category but damn I love me some college jams. haha

Yes, they do have a lot of heart and play hard especially in 2nd halfs. I suspect that has a lot to do with Cowan and Morsell.  Mariol imo just has no skill sets. He has no post moves and he gets pushed around on defense.  I suspect he was mostly recruited just because hes so tall and dominated kids who were 8-10" shorter than him. But that dont work in college when most guys are also 6'9-6'11 so the height difference isnt as big. I dont think he'll ever be a legit starter.  That said, yes its been a magical year to a degree with all the comeback wins and the top rankings/standings in big10.  One thing is for sure imo, MD needs to make a good run this year, because with Stix and Cowan being gone for next year and a less than suberb recruiting class so far, I think MD will be very mediocre next season and perhaps not even make the tourney but Im trying to enjoy this year.

25 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

When  the twins transferred back in December any depth they had was gone. Your right though. Any foul trouble for Smith and there in trouble.

25 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

IMHO Ayala will be the reason if they are going to make a deep run. Smith and Cowan will do there thing. When Cowan drives and kicks out to Ayala for the open 3 can he hit it? Hes been inconsistant at best during the regular season. I think they  need a consistant 3rd scorer to go deep into March

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic