Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2020

George BM

30 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Ohio st. earned the win today.

One of my questions was answered... How will the terps play against a good team with a size advantage... I thought they played well enough for a conf road game but OSU really pushed them around at times. Too many rushed long shots too. Especially in the first half. Those are pretty much turnovers over 80% of the time

20 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

true but there is fight in this team I haven't seen in years. march is gonna be fun

Best squad since their championship year imo. Top 10 has some big, strong, talented teams. Hopefully chaos in the tourney give the terps a mangeable path throughout. Great year no matter how you look at it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Remember when G. Williams would bench a shooter if he missed more then 1 shot or took an ill advised 3:D . That player would sit for several minutes lol . It seems like just yesterday I remember Lonnie Baxter coming in the game for the first time and wondering wow what great hands and wide body this guy has . He needs to play every minute.  

Great squad with Chris Wilcox ,Byron Mouton , Lonny Baxter, Juan Dixon, Steve Blake and Drew Nicholas. I always called Nicholas instant offense because he came off the bench firing lol

Who would of ever thought that Steve Blake would of had the best NBA career out of the National title team.

He played next to Kobe for a number of years. 

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep...one heck of a squad. Chris Wilcox ...what a raw athlete.  He was the kind of athlete usually seen in a 6' or 6'- 2" frame but he was 6'-9" lol. Remember that game winning  3 Drew Nicholas hit and then he  ran down the tunnel.  And I remember Dixon would shoot 100s of jumpers everyday ...what work ethic. 

Saw an interview with Gary Williams. He said Mouton was the glue of that team.

Nicholas 3 pointer was in the first round of March madness following their championship year IIRC.

11 hours ago, yoda said:

@nj2va @Chris78 @nw baltimore wx @Scraff

Lol 3rd round pick for Kovalchuk... doubt he sees much ice time besides being on the 2nd PP unit or maybe the 4th line

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/02/capitals-acquire-ilya-kovalchuk.html

It's a low risk move to inject some more O into the bottom 6.  I assume he takes the spot of Panik on the 3rd line, with Panik taking over Leipsic's spot on the 4th.  I'm not expecting a ton, but don't see much downside here.  

Late trade... Caps acquire Sprong from Ducks for Djoos -- https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/02/washington-capitals-acquire-daniel-sprong.html

There had been chatter leading up to the deadline that the Washington Capitals may trade a defenseman, and indeed they have. It just wasn’t one of their NHL players. Frank Seravalli of TSN reports the team has sent Christian Djoos to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Daniel Sprong, a swap of two players once considered top prospects.

Warning: the person who runs this site that I am linking to appears to be dedicated to AGW skepticism/denial.  I post it because it has some interesting discussion of the hypothesis that I have alluded to previously about reduced latitudinal temp gradients causing more blocking.  Apparently the hypothesis is being questioned by new studies.

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/02/global-confusion-turns-out-global-warming-doesnt-cause-wandering-jet-stream-extreme-weather/ 

Just ignore the constant carping at the "stupidity" of climate scientists.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic