Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2020

George BM

17 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its here-

That was the winter Boston had over 100", much of it coming in Feb.

That was indeed a classic rant post...bravo @Jebman!  I remember that post well from the time.  If ever AmWx could give some kind of literary award for top posts, this would win hands down!

Oh, and yeah, that was the year we got screwed for much of the winter.  Then things turned around and lined up right for us over the next 3-4 weeks, and we did really well in that time.

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If we’re not having fun one way or another during the winter, we’re doing it wrong.

Very true!  I had actually forgotten @Jebman posted that in Panic Room that year (though I did read it at the time)!  Back in the early days of the Room, when you didn't have all the fine amenities, waiters to serve you drinks, dance floors, etc.!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

That would help but there is a strong correlation between the unfavorable RNA pac pattern and a +AO so I think there is some connection beteeen the 2. There are some examples of a -AO with this pac but it’s very rare and most of those examples were during the extreme blocking regime that dominated between 1956-1972.  Outside that period almost every example of this pac pattern featured a very +AO also. 

Things are getting out of hand.  I just saw reports on the news that the +AO was sighted mugging little old ladies in Philly and stealing ice out of people's freezers.

1 hour ago, Ji said:
2 hours ago, yoda said:
See you tomorrow after we both lost lol

Reardin has to go. Awful team...get a real coach before playoffs start

If they dont start playing better they wont have to worry about the playoffs. The metro division is crazy good. 

Sounds crazy but  theres only 7 points separating the caps from an early off season.

LOL, having the top 3rd snowless winter on record is not at all "how we roll" nor is having the least amount of snow in a 4 years period. Its record breaking. There is no other way to slice it. You guys are strange and skew yourself toward the negative. If we had 30 inches this season, you'd say its historic. So we can also be comfortable calling a season with less than an inch historic.

this winter has been rare.  no real debate needed there.  however, it's not the first time, nor will it be the last.  i certainly remember 97/98 being a joke.  imo, this winter fits the vibe of the last 2 years which has been anomalous in general with the epic 2018 record-breaking rains and the 60+ 90 degree days this summer (though i don't recall too many extremely hot days except for one which i chose to bike in...that was brutal and not my best decision).  long story short, i'd wait until this time next year to get too carried away with analysis paralysis.

• Confused 1

Yeah, this happened once before 23 years ago. That's like, a long time. Then again 50 years ago. That isn't "run of the mill" by any means.

People definitely downplay our climo here.

Psu spent the entire winter talking horrible patterns and our climo dictating this being normal and it literally snowed up to 5 inches 300-400 miles south of us. In an area that averages, what? a half an inch a year?

Climo?

17 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

That was indeed a classic rant post...bravo @Jebman!  I remember that post well from the time.  If ever AmWx could give some kind of literary award for top posts, this would win hands down!

Oh, and yeah, that was the year we got screwed for much of the winter.  Then things turned around and lined up right for us over the next 3-4 weeks, and we did really well in that time.

Very true!  I had actually forgotten @Jebman posted that in Panic Room that year (though I did read it at the time)!  Back in the early days of the Room, when you didn't have all the fine amenities, waiters to serve you drinks, dance floors, etc.!!

That post is what caused the winter to turn around and suddenly work out for most people for 3-4 weeks. No doubt!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic