Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2020

George BM

18 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Question: If you could have 6 of every 7 days sunny, and a temperature of exactly 65/45 every day from now until May 1st, would you trade the rest of this winter for it? 

I would in a heartbeat. Who’s with me? LOL 

Extend that through May and its a no brainer.

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

:lol:  My 8-year old was on the verge of tears this morning when he was complaining about the lack of snow, and I told him there was no sign of snow in sight...

I may have to resort to taking him out behind the ice skating rink, so we can make some snowballs from the zamboni piles.  :mapsnow:

the things we've done to our children! thanks for the laugh! :lol:

13 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Zamboni piles! Remember the old cabin john skating rink? I used to play peewee hockey and if my mom was late picking me up I'd start working on a snow cave. Lol. Made some big ones too. Which is dangerous AF if the pile collapses. You'd prob make it for 30 mins before lights out. 

:lol: Snow caves!  Hadn't thought of that in a while.  After the storm in 2016, our parking lot had snow piles over 10 feet tall.  The neighborhood kids built an extensive complex of tunnels in the biggest pile.  It was truly impressive.  I had to make some of them a bit larger, so I could fit in!

I was just at the Cabin John rink last week teaching my youngest to skate.  He was terrified to try, but picked it up in 5 minutes.  Now all he wants to do is go skating.  The rink looks nice.  They just finished up a big renovation.  It still smells like dank sweaty socks, though...

• Like 2

Man I hope we don't draw a la nina next year...that would be a punch in the gut after going through all this (unless we pull off a miracle thos witner) While winters like this one are tough...la ninas are straight-up heartbreakers with the propensity for close misses, smh (la nina means snowhole 75% of the time). If I had to choose between la nina and what we have now...man, I don't know. 2017-18 killed me, lol At least we don't have to hear about folks south and east and northeast of us cashing in while we sit here snowless!

Ya know, if we were in a better position to score during la ninas...our overall snow average would probably be a little higher! Because you just think if losing 2 or 3 winters per decade to a la nina...get those back and we'd be better, lol

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

:lol: Snow caves!  Hadn't thought of that in a while.  After the storm in 2016, our parking lot had snow piles over 10 feet tall.  The neighborhood kids built an extensive complex of tunnels in the biggest pile.  It was truly impressive.  I had to make some of them a bit larger, so I could fit in!

I was just at the Cabin John rink last week teaching my youngest to skate.  He was terrified to try, but picked it up in 5 minutes.  Now all he wants to do is go skating.  The rink looks nice.  They just finished up a big renovation.  It still smells like dank sweaty socks, though...

Back when I played ladies rec hockey in university, primarily as a goalie, the equipment was one-size-fits all (ie. men's equipment) and usually damp from previous uses.  No matter how many times I washed my hands they smelled like damp hockey equipment for a full 24 hours.

Which reminds me of a legendary Molson commercial about a hockey equipment bag: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Question: If you could have 6 of every 7 days sunny, and a temperature of exactly 65/45 every day from now until May 1st, would you trade the rest of this winter for it? 

I would in a heartbeat. Who’s with me? LOL 

Up the daytime temp about 5-7 degrees, add in a breeze 10-15mph, sure...why not?

I love snow - I love cold produced by the snow - I love cold if there's at least the potential for snow - I cannot pointless cold (unless it's like record breaking.) If there's not the potential for any of that, then at this point, bring on Spring.... :(

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yes you can.

We (I) also like imperial stouts. I know you are fond of those. Did you ever try a DFH WWS?  Another big, high gravity,  sipper. 18%.

Looking online it looks as if it runs around $12 a bottle? So ask yourself, would that cheap SOB Snowme pay $12 a bottle? :lol:

Sounds good, not sure I could find it up around here though. Might have to check.

21 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Looking online it looks as if it runs around $12 a bottle. So ask yourself, would that cheap SOB Snowme pay $12 a bottle? :lol:

Sounds good though, not sure I could find it up around here though. Might have to check.

I get it for 9 a bottle. 12 is a bit insane. Either way, even a cheap SOB like you can afford to try it once. :lol:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I get it for 9 a bottle. 12 is bit insane. Either way, even a cheap SOB like you can afford to try it once. :lol:

I am really enjoying the New England style IPAs. My absolute favorite is the Solace Partly cloudy (Herndon Area).  I have a 6 pack of the Sam Adams New England (I’m a cheapskate with 3 kids now!) but it’s still delicious.

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

I am really enjoying the New England style IPAs. My absolute favorite is the Solace Partly cloudy (Herndon Area).  I have a 6 pack of the Sam Adams New England (I’m a cheapskate with 3 kids now!) but it’s still delicious.

I do love the juicy NE IPAs too. Fell in love with those when I took a trip up there last summer.  Drank plenty of Long Trail Hazy DIPA. Good stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Don't let it bother you too much, though at the same time I might suspect Rvarookie might just be trolling for fun.  Seems to happen a lot in here lately, hahaha!  There have been a lot of crap posts or worthless ones for what's supposed to be a "discussion" thread here, but it is what it is.  Yours are far from the "worst", and I'll admit to making my own snarky non-relevant comments in here too (rather than in Banter).  Now, if we ever get a storm mode, different story!!  (and at this point, fat chance we'll have reason for "storm mode" any time soon, haha!!)

Thanks. I don't know what his problem is or why he singles me out among the others here...and again, we did this exactly one year ago where he fired a random shot at me out of nowhere, as if I'm the center of the problem, smh

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic